Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I set up another RAID?

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...il.php?UID=641

This is my MOBO at the momentlong . Currently I have two SATA 400gb drives in there and they are set up in a RAID1. PC was pre-built so please consider that I am fairly new to working with the insides of a PC I was reading the specs of my mobo and didn't quite understand whether or not I can stick another two SATA drives in there and set them up as well in a RAID1.

Any advice and input would be appreciated
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

As long as you have the right RAID setup you can add drives to the array - best is to have them all of the same type.

In doubt .. get a pci express raid0/1/5/10 controller card with 4 slots and put all four drives in a new array on there.

Comment

Well technically, if I'm understand the terminology the correct way, I want two arrays. Currently Drive1 + Drive2 are in RAID1 for backup purposes, and I want to do the same again with Drive3 + Drive4 where drive4 is a complete mirror of drive3.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        As long as you have the right RAID setup you can add drives to the array - best is to have them all of the same type.

In doubt .. get a pci express raid0/1/5/10 controller card with 4 slots and put all four drives in a new array on there.
        He stated he had a Raid 1 setup. Unless he has a very nice Raid controller, he can't add another drive(s) to the array without rebuilding. I have yet to see a motherboard based raid controller that has this functionality.

Originally posted by DeanC
        Well technically, if I'm understand the terminology the correct way, I want two arrays. Currently Drive1 + Drive2 are in RAID1 for backup purposes, and I want to do the same again with Drive3 + Drive4 where drive4 is a complete mirror of drive3.
        This is possible. Just plug the 3rd and 4th drive in, build the table in the raid config panel. Will work just fine.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X