Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IE7 vB popup issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IE7 vB popup issues

    Is anyone else finding that the Javascript popups (eg formatting in new messsage windows) get blocked in IE7 beta no matter what the settings are?

    I have tried adding my site to the allow list and even disabling the popup blocker altogether, but it won't have it and blocks it with the info bar.

    Has anyone else noticed this?

    It isn't a vB issue hence I have posted it in Chat.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

  • #2
    Hmm I have discovered that this is deliberate.....the only way round it is to add the site to your 'trusted sites' zone in the security settings.

    I think this may need to be raised as an issue...when most of the population has IE7, those Javascript popups are not going to work by default.
    Last edited by Mark.B; Sat 29 Jul '06, 2:49pm.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      No, even on not trusted sites, the only issue I've had is the SpellCheck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        Hmm I have discovered that this is deliberate.....the only way round it is to add the site to your 'trusted sites' zone in the security settings.

        I think this may need to be raised as an issue...when most of the population has IE7, those Javascript popups are not going to work by default.
        I think it'll probably be something to be dealt with in future versions of vBulletin, and when IE 7 is out of beta and being used officially.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've been having the same problem, Mark. Really annoying!
          Photography :: Bird Information and Help

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tailfeathers View Post
            I've been having the same problem, Mark. Really annoying!
            You can fix it on a site by site basis by going to Tools > Internet Options > Security >Trusted Sites (click the green tick)

            Then press the 'Sites' button.

            Untick "Require Server Verification", then add the site to the list, it should default the current site URL in for you.

            This isn't ideal but will fix the issue for you.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              Is anyone else finding that the Javascript popups (eg formatting in new messsage windows) get blocked in IE7 beta no matter what the settings are?

              I have tried adding my site to the allow list and even disabling the popup blocker altogether, but it won't have it and blocks it with the info bar.

              Has anyone else noticed this?

              It isn't a vB issue hence I have posted it in Chat.

              Yes, but its a IE 7 issue, not vB issue..
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                Yes, but its a IE 7 issue, not vB issue..
                Everyone who says that is missing the point.

                If this remains a problem when IE7 is released, almost everyone is going to find this feature of vB doesn't work.

                I know it's not a vB issue, but that isn't going to stop admins like myself having to field hundreds of questions about why it doesn't work, and have hundreds of people getting huffy and stroppy about it.

                When something doesn't work, ordinary users don't care whose fault it is.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X