• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew111888
    replied
    Originally posted by BamaStangGuy View Post

Looks like he did
    I wasn't asking the question, I was merely explaining the question as I interpreted it .

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Wow I'm confused, I think I need a tug to let of some steam :O

I don't see any problems asking XFire to use vBulletin, if anything I;m doing them a favor!

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew111888 View Post
    "Should you not be telling them this [tell xfire to use vBulletin]?" indicates you should tell them to use it. As in "Is there any reason for you not to tell them?"

I talk to all the developers and workers of XFire about it, all I get it 'We'll look into it'.
    Looks like he did

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    "Should you not be telling them this [tell xfire to use vBulletin]?" indicates you should tell them to use it. As in "Is there any reason for you not to tell them?"

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew111888 View Post
    That they should use vBulletin?
    Why not?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    That they should use vBulletin?

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
    Should you not be telling them this?
    Telling them what?

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by NashTax View Post
    XFire is a gaming messenger what lets you talk to your friends whilst playing games. I've used this service since 2004, they were very small back then, but not now. They get a new registration every 1 to 60 seconds. Everytime you reafresh the page, they have a new user. I think they should run on vBulletin instead of phpbb. The whole user database is huge.

The website is running of php-nuke, (they modded it). I talk to all the developers and workers of XFire about it, all I get it 'We'll look into it'.

XFire has just recently got sold to MTV, Unicom (or whatever the company name is), if I was them, I'd make a brand new website and move the forums over to vBulletin.

What do you think?
    Should you not be telling them this?

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    How, exactly, is a software package known for server level vulnerabilities, lack of features and non-existent support a good solution for anyone?
    vBulletin has it's fair share of vulnerabilities that have been patched just like on phpBB. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by Dean C; Sat 29th Jul '06, 1:13am.

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    When you go to PHPBB's support forums, everyone there are noobs, the dev's don't help you, the users do. Some just make random replys to your post to boost their post count up

Leave a comment:

• mentalrz
    replied
    PHPBB is bad, i am able to gain root access in a number of random forums all due to outdated code, and its not hard to find them with simple google search references.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    phpBB is a good solution for certain people. Don't let the fact that you paid $100+ for a license give you a bias
    How, exactly, is a software package known for server level vulnerabilities, lack of features and non-existant support a good solution for anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    phpBB is a good solution for certain people. Don't let the fact that you paid $100+ for a license give you a bias

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Neal-UK View Post
    amazes me the number of large groups, companies or organisations that are loaded and stick with free forum software. Skinflints!
    Exacly.

Leave a comment:

• Neal-UK
    replied
    amazes me the number of large groups, companies or organisations that are loaded and stick with free forum software. Skinflints!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X