vbportal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zachariah B View Post
    - You may want to disable the portal and use a redirect to your forums and other parts of the site untill patched. There is lots of great suff in the vBportal. There should be a fix down the line soon.

No need to laugh . He / She is translating from Japanese to English very well. I understand.

Thanks Zachariah,
    I closed my portal after I got email from vbporal. Thing seemed ok now because the vbportal opened again.

Sorry for my bad English. If you do not understand what I am saying (writting ) please ask me. English is not my native languagese!

Comment

Security Audit and vbPortal updates

We have completed our Security Audit and patching of all vbPortal scripts and would like to thank Scott for his help again, just can't say that enough.

The updated scripts for vbportal versions 3.0.5, 3.5.0 and 3.6.0 Beta 1. have been posted in our licensed user forums.

These updates are available to all licensed users, not just paid members.

Thank everyone for being so kind and helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by globalinsites View Post
        The one from gmail didn't look fake to me.. Besides, with the phpportals site being hacked they were probable not able to e-mail the registered members through the forum script. They probable had exported a mailinglist from vbulletin at some point and used that with external e-mail software to notify the registered members. Just guessing.

I see the site is up again, so that's great. I didn't see any announcement yet about a fix or instructions etc. but I'm sure it's being worked on.
        Even though I havent had it installed for awhile, I have been a part of phportal for quite awhile. Why I would receive the second one, but not the first one is odd since I'm assuming if they did do that mine shoulda been included.

I find it odd really.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
          Even though I havent had it installed for awhile, I have been a part of phportal for quite awhile. Why I would receive the second one, but not the first one is odd since I'm assuming if they did do that mine shoulda been included.

I find it odd really.
          Did you check your spam bucket ?

Comment

I find it odd really.
            What I'm assumbing is that the 'criminal' sent his email to registered users. I sent mine or the official one to licensed and premium users, not registered users as registered users shouldn't have vbportal installed.

Comment

The only one I received was the official one from you Bill
              RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

Then my thoughts were right, your a premium member and he only sent the 1st message to registered users

Comment

It's a shame something like this occured to hardworking people.

It's nice to see communities coming together in the support for one; and in return it benefits everyone else. A big "shaka" (Hawaii's version of the thumbs-up) to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by wajones View Post
                    Then my thoughts were right, your a premium member and he only sent the 1st message to registered users
                    Sorry to hear someone was so lame to exploit your site. Hopefully you can catch them and sue them and get some money out of it and have the last laugh.

Comment

But I havent been a premium member for quite a long while. Thats where things get odd. I only got the 1 email like some of the others here. The gmail email. I never recieved any prior to that.

Comment

What I'm assumbing is that the 'criminal' sent his email to registered users. I sent mine or the official one to licensed and premium users, not registered users as registered users shouldn't have vbportal installed.

I think you are right. I am a registered member of the vbportal community (although that was so many years ago, I forgot!) but I never installed the portal.

I received an email from the extortionists from [email protected] about the hack but never received an email from you, wajones.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with these terrorists and hope all is well for you and your team now.
                        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

But I havent been a premium member for quite a long while. Thats where things get odd. I only got the 1 email like some of the others here. The gmail email. I never recieved any prior to that.
                          Once a "Premium Member" account expires the account is automatically set to "Licensed User" Both Licensed and Premium usergroups got the "gmail" email. It appears the hacker only sent his email to "Registerd Users".

This is getting too close to vbPortal support which I'm sure the moderators here will frown on. I want to answer everyone's questions, but I don't want to cross that line, feel free to ask anything at our site.

Comment

Hey... I'm getting a vBulletin database error at vbportal.com. Just letting ya know.

Comment

hmm But, Bill, I belive I am premium (I think ~_^) And I did recive the first e-mail.

Comment

Hacked again?

Sorry to see you guys put through the ringer like this. I hope to see vbportal back up and running soon. I also hope the culprits get what they deserve.

Best of luck to the vbportal team! I look forward to a new update!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X