Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    I do not have central air conditioning. If the state government did not charge property taxes and did not charge enough higher property taxes for "luxuries," then I would have it, but until they switch over to an income tax, I am stuck with loud wall units, which is absurd because someone could be making millions of dollars, live in an apartment and pay lower property taxes.

Leave a comment:

• MidnightPyro
    replied
    God bless central air then, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    I am in doors with the air conditioners in operation so it is right now about 81 degrees for me.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    I can't find anywhere that is selling aircon units at the moment either. Everywhere is out of stock!

Leave a comment:

• MidnightPyro
    replied
    It's been around 95-96 all week here, and I've been selling cotton candy at the zoo Needless to say, I was zoning out and trying to waste time for 8 hours straight, given that there were like 5 people total in the zoo, and none of them wanted cotton candy...obviously.

It's suppose to cool off this weekend, so it'll be an appreciated 79 degrees tommorow

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I smelted..

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I think is was 106 here today, but that is normal for this time of year. Of course we have A/C so I don't know how hot it is for the most part while working. I don't mind the heat, I just don't like the intensity of the sun, have to wear a hat.

Leave a comment:

• mlucek
    replied
    Coupla hot links:

Britain endures hottest-ever July day

LONDON - Lions licked blood-flavored ice blocks in the zoo, judges went wigless in court and guards at Buckingham Palace ducked into the shade. Britain faced the hottest day ever recorded in July on Wednesday as a heat wave swept much of Europe. Temperatures hit 96.6 degrees south of London — so hot some road surfaces melted.....

Much of nation sizzling in heat wave

NEW YORK - The Northeast got a break Wednesday from the heat wave sizzling much of the nation, but elsewhere temperatures climbed back up through the 90s and topped 100 degrees in some cities by noon.

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    I can't stand the heat. It makes me feel queasy.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Balcony is 36 degrees in the cooler shadow.
    :/

Leave a comment:

• Bob Isaac
    replied
    So, is there global warming? As a boy I grew up in the early 50's in Neath, South Wales. I often walked through 12-24 inches of snow to school in Jan-Feb. We had no central heating and other fang dangled devices of comfort. Never felt cold.

Then as we went through to May it got warmer and we enjoyed a stable warm summer through to about mid Sept. Never felt too hot.

Now the mercury level in the thermometer is up and down like a fiddler’s elbow, no wonder we feel hot when it arrives, we don’t have the gradual build up anymore to acclimatise. Today it is ~34 Celsius, lovely. Just a pity about the garden.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    You most certainly can Dean. Head for locations called Ogmore or Southerndown - you will then have a combination of beautiful sandy beaches and rock pools, watch for the huge tide range though.

I have spent many days with disposable b-b-q's, the kids and the dogs on Ogmore. There is also a tributary where a freshwater river joins the sea, makes for good swimming. if you cross the river at low tide, you have miles and miles of golden white sands and dunes to roam.

I will dig up some pics when I get home later if you want me to - am in London just now and have a 2 hour train journey ahead of me....

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMusicMan View Post
    Not really beaches nr Newport Dean, a rocky coastline is what we have here. Only need to travel 15 miles though for the start of the miles of beautiful sandy beaches that make up the South Wales and Pembrokeshire Coastal path.
    Can you walk along the rocks safely? Are there any rock pools. I fancy a trip into wales and could take my little cousin to the beach

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    Not really beaches nr Newport Dean, a rocky coastline is what we have here. Only need to travel 15 miles though for the start of the miles of beautiful sandy beaches that make up the South Wales and Pembrokeshire Coastal path.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    My keyboard says 34 degrees celcius today on my side of the room, the space heaters aka all the monitors in the room are what make the temperature much worse.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X