No announcement yet.

I am all sweaty - how about you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, is there global warming? As a boy I grew up in the early 50's in Neath, South Wales. I often walked through 12-24 inches of snow to school in Jan-Feb. We had no central heating and other fang dangled devices of comfort. Never felt cold.

Then as we went through to May it got warmer and we enjoyed a stable warm summer through to about mid Sept. Never felt too hot.

Now the mercury level in the thermometer is up and down like a fiddler’s elbow, no wonder we feel hot when it arrives, we don’t have the gradual build up anymore to acclimatise. Today it is ~34 Celsius, lovely. Just a pity about the garden.

Bob

Comment

Balcony is 36 degrees in the cooler shadow.
      :/

Comment

I can't stand the heat. It makes me feel queasy.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Coupla hot links:

Britain endures hottest-ever July day

LONDON - Lions licked blood-flavored ice blocks in the zoo, judges went wigless in court and guards at Buckingham Palace ducked into the shade. Britain faced the hottest day ever recorded in July on Wednesday as a heat wave swept much of Europe. Temperatures hit 96.6 degrees south of London — so hot some road surfaces melted.....

Much of nation sizzling in heat wave

NEW YORK - The Northeast got a break Wednesday from the heat wave sizzling much of the nation, but elsewhere temperatures climbed back up through the 90s and topped 100 degrees in some cities by noon.

Comment

I think is was 106 here today, but that is normal for this time of year. Of course we have A/C so I don't know how hot it is for the most part while working. I don't mind the heat, I just don't like the intensity of the sun, have to wear a hat.

Comment

I smelted..

Comment

It's been around 95-96 all week here, and I've been selling cotton candy at the zoo Needless to say, I was zoning out and trying to waste time for 8 hours straight, given that there were like 5 people total in the zoo, and none of them wanted cotton candy...obviously.

It's suppose to cool off this weekend, so it'll be an appreciated 79 degrees tommorow

Comment

I can't find anywhere that is selling aircon units at the moment either. Everywhere is out of stock!
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I am in doors with the air conditioners in operation so it is right now about 81 degrees for me.

Comment

God bless central air then, eh?

Comment

I do not have central air conditioning. If the state government did not charge property taxes and did not charge enough higher property taxes for "luxuries," then I would have it, but until they switch over to an income tax, I am stuck with loud wall units, which is absurd because someone could be making millions of dollars, live in an apartment and pay lower property taxes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X