I am all sweaty - how about you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am all sweaty - how about you?

We are suffering from 41 degree Celsius (106 degree Fahrenheit) among the shades, I have just left the pool and I am all sweaty again.

I don't like that high temperatures and I am glad that my office is in the basement but still it's a pain to get outside the house.
    My car has black leather - It burnt my ass today.

How about you? On TV I've seen something about wildfires in Spain and special cooler equipment in Paris to prevent heat strokes among the Eiffel tower visitors.
    Attached Files
    That's the end of that!

Yep it's f'in ridiculous. Over 100 degrees in my room (which is in the attic). I'm sat here in shorts and little else and I'm dripping in sweat. Bring on the ice-age!
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

You think 40 degrees Celsius is hot? Check out Texas weather. It'll easily hit 110+F.
      :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
        You think 40 degrees Celsius is hot? Check out Texas weather. It'll easily hit 110+F.
        That's one of the reasons I don't live in Texas.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

It's hot too here, but my office is comfortable.
          I sit out in the sun with the notebook sometimes, but it depends on my mood.

I'm also close to a lake, so I go swimming if I'm bored.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
            You mean 120 alex?

Comment

I believe 120 is "110+"
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                That's one of the reasons I don't live in Texas.
                Yes but they all have aircon in the states. In the UK hardly anyone has them because we're not use to such warm summers. Ok we get a little heatwave of around 80degrees for a week or maybe two once a summer, but that's normally it. It has been consistently hot for the last month now and sitting my greenhouse, sorry room, is too much

Comment

Nobody had a close look on the picture.. I've just noticed that it shows 46 degree Celsius
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

I laffed when I saw my weather bar on MSN earlier today. OK, it's early morning in Death Valley and sure the temp will get above where I am located (Newport, GBR) - but this is the first time I had seen this...
                    Attached Files
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan View Post
                      I laffed when I saw my weather bar on MSN earlier today. OK, it's early morning in Death Valley and sure the temp will get above where I am located (Newport, GBR) - but this is the first time I had seen this...
                      [insert sheep joke here] Are there any beaches down in Newport John? Only ever been to Llangollen and Tenby.

Comment

My keyboard says 34 degrees celcius today on my side of the room, the space heaters aka all the monitors in the room are what make the temperature much worse.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Not really beaches nr Newport Dean, a rocky coastline is what we have here. Only need to travel 15 miles though for the start of the miles of beautiful sandy beaches that make up the South Wales and Pembrokeshire Coastal path.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan View Post
                            Not really beaches nr Newport Dean, a rocky coastline is what we have here. Only need to travel 15 miles though for the start of the miles of beautiful sandy beaches that make up the South Wales and Pembrokeshire Coastal path.
                            Can you walk along the rocks safely? Are there any rock pools. I fancy a trip into wales and could take my little cousin to the beach

Comment

You most certainly can Dean. Head for locations called Ogmore or Southerndown - you will then have a combination of beautiful sandy beaches and rock pools, watch for the huge tide range though.

I have spent many days with disposable b-b-q's, the kids and the dogs on Ogmore. There is also a tributary where a freshwater river joins the sea, makes for good swimming. if you cross the river at low tide, you have miles and miles of golden white sands and dunes to roam.

I will dig up some pics when I get home later if you want me to - am in London just now and have a 2 hour train journey ahead of me....
                              John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X