Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 2.0 beta 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Firefox 2.0 beta 1

    I just want to let you know that there's a beta 1 of Firefox 2.0.

    More information here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bone...ses/2.0b1.html


    I have installed it on Mac OS and it runs faster as Firefox 1.5 but there are some things which have been changed.
    The major thing is that when you open a blank tab you have to click the addressbar because it doesn't get a focus at first. And now every tab has it's on close button left to the favicon. I prefer one icon on the very right because that allowed me to close more than one tab with just a few clicks.

    Just give it a try, it runs fairly stable for me.
    That's the end of that!

  • #2
    The tab preferences can be edited so that you have just one close icon to the right again, like before.
    Forums

    Comment


    • #3
      As much as I hate reading myself say it, I'm considering Opera, only because it passes the Acid2 test. I consider the ability to render according to W3C specifications very important. I also don't want my computer's memory catching fire when Firefox is running, burning up its hundreds of MB it doesn't require.

      It would also need to support Adblock [Plus] and import my massive list of filters, including support a bookmarks sidebar. I assume it doesn't support the first but does support the second.

      And I will not use IE7.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
        As much as I hate reading myself say it, I'm considering Opera, only because it passes the Acid2 test. I consider the ability to render according to W3C specifications very important. I also don't want my computer's memory catching fire when Firefox is running, burning up its hundreds of MB it doesn't require.

        It would also need to support Adblock [Plus] and import my massive list of filters, including support a bookmarks sidebar. I assume it doesn't support the first but does support the second.

        And I will not use IE7.
        The thing about Opera is it's interface, it's not as nice as firefox by far.

        Comment


        • #5
          Firefox seems to be the only browser that has an IE6 like interface while managing to integrate modern features. I only wish that Microsoft something similar with IE7 for Windows XP.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bfoot045 View Post
            The thing about Opera is it's interface, it's not as nice as firefox by far.
            But the customibility of Opera is also second to none. Unlike Firefox, which often requires going into the advanced about:config settings, Opera lets you move everything around right from the graphical menus.
            Forums

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Quillz View Post
              The tab preferences can be edited so that you have just one close icon to the right again, like before.
              I haven't found the setting yet, will you tell me how I can do that?
              That's the end of that!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                I haven't found the setting yet, will you tell me how I can do that?
                http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons
                Forums

                Comment


                • #9
                  They fixed the right click with copy + paste within the WYSIWYG too. Woot!

                  Now if only Opera would fix the 3 bugs I have it would be all super
                  Scott MacVicar

                  My Blog | Twitter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you, that's a great tip and a great resource too!
                    That's the end of that!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's an awesome resource, thanks a lot!

                      I have the portable version of Firefox 2.0 but I havent messed around with it yet.

                      MGM out

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It doesn't work for me. The button is there (very right side) but it doesn't work. Clicking it just does nothing.
                        That's the end of that!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                          It doesn't work for me. The button is there (very right side) but it doesn't work. Clicking it just does nothing.
                          Do you have any extensions installed? Or wait... if we're talking about 2.0 than extensions are disabled...

                          MGM out

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is it right that you can have FF2 running alongside FF1.5 ?
                            John

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes. Download the portable version here: http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/07...e-candidate-3/

                              It'll just be a folder, you double click the Firefox icon and it'll start up a second iteration of Firefox without having to install anything. It wont affect anything FF-related on your pc, including the registry or extensions (although the extensions will not work in 2.0 atm).

                              MGM out

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X