Your website as a graph (very cool)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your website as a graph (very cool)

Lol, check this out, your website as a graph, type in your URL...

http://www.aharef.info/static/htmlgraph/

http://www.entropiaforum.com

Hm... what exactly is it trying to represent? I have no idea what exactly it is... definetly cool though!

EDIT: Ah, okay... saw the legend/key at the bottom. Now it's cooler.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

So cool!
      I've added it to digg http://digg.com/design/Your_site_as_a_graph

Comment

That was very cool!
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I really see no point in this whatsoever, even after reading the key.
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
              Same here. Sure it's cool and all but what exactly is the point of this?

Comment

Originally posted by eXaulz View Post
                Not everything has to have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                  Originally posted by eXaulz View Post
                  It's fun.

I think it also maps out your site's layout and how it's all connected within a page. It shows you tables, images in those tables, line breaks, etc.

For example, compare 2 similar sites of content, and you can see the difference between how they are laid out by how complex the structure is, and how easy it is to read.

Or at least that's how I've figured it out for myself.
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                    It's fun.

I think it also maps out your site's layout and how it's all connected within a page. It shows you tables, images in those tables, line breaks, etc.

For example, compare 2 similar sites of content, and you can see the difference between how they are laid out by how complex the structure is, and how easy it is to read.

Or at least that's how I've figured it out for myself.
                    Yes, it is a nice way to look at a site and get an impression. For example Google where one would expect it to be busy for hours was done in a second and had such a simple overview. And with slashdot you can see how such a big site is organized properly, unlike microsoft.com where it just spawns randomly into new tree structures without any overview.

vbulletin took at least 30 minutes before it completely stopped moving

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      Yes, it is a nice way to look at a site and get an impression. For example Google where one would expect it to be busy for hours was done in a second and had such a simple overview. And with slashdot you can see how such a big site is organized properly, unlike microsoft.com where it just spawns randomly into new tree structures without any overview.

vbulletin took at least 30 minutes before it completely stopped moving
                      Yep, waaay too many tables... ^_^

Comment

Very cool looking

Comment

HoTMetaL Pro (ver4?) used something very similar to this some years ago to plot your site, you could see broken links and redundants pages and graphics.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bfoot045 View Post
                            Not everything has to have a point.
                            lol, I know that, but I thought this had some sort of purpose.

Comment

I don't really get this. What's it meant to be for?
                              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X