No announcement yet.

Gasoline Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. $6.88/gallon... that's a lot! This is why I want to get a hybrid car.
    Forums

Comment

http://www.smartmoney.com/10things/i...ory=august2006

Comment

Originally posted by Martz View Post
        Just to give you and other people an idea, UK petrol/gas costs $6.88 a litre.
        That is mostly due to taxes imposed by the U.K. government though, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by TruthElixirX View Post
          That is mostly due to taxes imposed by the U.K. government though, correct?
          Correct. While from an end-user perspective it is obviously more expensive, the US-UK gas/petrol price comparison isn't completely apples-to-apples.

Comment

while my car is good on gas it still cost me over 20.00 USD to put a little over 10 US gallons today..

3.20 USD/per/gal
            X
            10 US Gallons
            ------------
            = 1 empty wallet

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
              Correct. While from an end-user perspective it is obviously more expensive, the US-UK gas/petrol price comparison isn't completely apples-to-apples.
              The UK also produces all of the oil that it needs domestically and does so in excess to the point where it can sell crude oil on the world market in quantities greater than it buys. The US is dependent on foreign oil. The US also lacks VAT and "profit" taxes on oil companies, that like all expenses, are passed on to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                The UK also produces all of the oil that it needs domestically and does so in excess
                Oh really? My brother works on an oil rig for BP and he does not think so.

Bob

Comment

According to the Department of Energy in the U.S, the UK is currently a net exporter of Crude Oil and the largest oil producing nation in the European Union right now. However they also state that they will become a net importer of Crude Oil by the end of the decade.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html
                  http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Uni...ackground.html
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

How much is produced don't always reflect on the internal market.

If i look at the Netherlands, we are a big supplier of natural gas (from natural resources in the the ground before anyone makes jokes ). We produce more then our internal needs. However because we have long lasting contracts to export that gas, we end up importing again for our own needs. Also the consumer prize of gas is higher then in the countries we export to.
                    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Don't fill up gas in israel...EVER!

Petrol in israel costs about 2$ a litre and it's always on the rise.
                      I think i'll start using bicycle from now on...
                      Last edited by Marco van Herwaarden; Fri 14 Jul '06, 6:01am. Reason: Spam removed from post.

Comment

Originally posted by gptreasure View Post
                        Petrol in israel costs about 2$ a litre and it's always on the rise.
                        I think i'll start using bicycle from now on...
                        Please don't spam on our forums, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          According to the Department of Energy in the U.S, the UK is currently a net exporter of Crude Oil and the largest oil producing nation in the European Union right now. However they also state that they will become a net importer of Crude Oil by the end of the decade.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html
                          http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Uni...ackground.html
                          This is incorrect. The UK is now an oil importer. This is set to escalate as the North Sea reached peak oil back in I believe 2002 and has been falling ever since.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...264582,00.html
                          Christopher Padfield
                          Web Based Helpdesk
                          DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

I'm eagerly awaiting one of those hydrogen cars. The oil companies are holding us back though, and Bush wouldn't allow it as his oil buddies would get mad. O_o

Comment

Originally posted by bfoot045 View Post
                              I'm eagerly awaiting one of those hydrogen cars. The oil companies are holding us back though, and Bush wouldn't allow it as his oil buddies would get mad. O_o
                              That is a misconception. The Japanese automobile manufacturers are also working on hydrogen powered cars and they have made just as much progress as the United States automobile manufacturers, outside of the United States' jurisdiction. The idea that President Bush has been trying to hinder the development of hydrogen powered vehicles was devised to slander him, without regard for whether or not it was true.

Comment

You have to admit there is a conflict of interest though, with the people who run the US goverment and their families being heavily involved in the oil business.

Regardless of if a statement is true or not, people will jump to this conclusion because it's so easy to associate the two.
                                HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                                -
                                Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X