Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need suggestions for a laptop (school, work and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price point is suppose to be the same, at most a 10.00 difference from what I've read internally.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
      Price point is suppose to be the same, at most a 10.00 difference from what I've read internally.
      With the release of the new chips from Intel. Does anyone have any new suggestions?

Comment

Suggestions as in what to get?
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Core 2 Duo based laptop And if money is around $1000 -> the new mac book, and oherwise the mac book pro if you wish to spend more and also use it as a desktop solution at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Core 2 Duo based laptop And if money is around $1000 -> the new mac book, and oherwise the mac book pro if you wish to spend more and also use it as a desktop solution at home.
            I don't think it uses the new Intel chips yet...the new chips are supposed to have significant performance differences.

Any laptops with the new chips in them?

Comment

Any news on new Apple notebooks? I am looking to pick up a Macbook or Macbook Pro within the next few weeks, and I don't want them to come out with something new the week after :P

Comment

Originally posted by Arunan View Post
                Any news on new Apple notebooks? I am looking to pick up a Macbook or Macbook Pro within the next few weeks, and I don't want them to come out with something new the week after :P
                At least wait for this : http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/
                Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
                  At least wait for this : http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/
                  Will do, thanks. But any news on Core 2 Duo or Merom notebooks?

Comment

Will do, thanks. But any news on Core 2 Duo or Merom notebooks?
                    Pardon me, what do you mean ? Double duo core ?
                    Every Mac Laptop is already Intel Core Duo

Comment

Sergio:

The second generation Intel dual core chips is branded "Intel Core 2 Duo"

Comment

For $2200 USD, you can get a hella nice system. I would get a Dell Precision laptop that can be configured with a WUXGA (1920 x 1200) 15" screen. That's fricking awesome.
                        I would 2nd this, I have this screen on a 15" laptop, that resolution is the you get on the 24" Dell TFT screen. I find it very useful.
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk
                        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/prod...n&s=bsd&~ck=mn

Which one is it

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                            Sergio:

The second generation Intel dual core chips is branded "Intel Core 2 Duo"
                            My bad, I'm not into that Mhz race anymore since when I got Mac, I use to check every day for the last motherboard, last Cpu and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
                              My bad, I'm not into that Mhz race anymore since when I got Mac, I use to check every day for the last motherboard, last Cpu and so on...
                              I just don't want to have buyer's remorse :P I put my notebooks through intensive use so just wish to get the most bang for my buck and hold off upgrading.

Comment

Before you buy a dell, see: http://www.betanews.com/article/Anot...ire/1154118238

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X