Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading

I have had a vB board for a couple of years now.

At first it was very difficult to add mods to and then upgrade, then there was a lot of talk about the plug-in system, and how that would make it all better.

I have several mods including Photoposts classifieds and photos, along with a couple of other big ones, including several templates. I'd rather stay with my soon to be outdated forum than upgrade if I can't have the mods I have now.

I am terrified to update again. It always seems that templates need to be reverted and I need to start all over again.

Maybe it's my inexperience showing, and I have no clue what I am doing.

Is it really this hard to upgrade, and will it always be this hard?
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling

Going from vB3.5 to vB3.6 is easy, unlike the other major version upgrade. Most hacks still work 3.6, setup a test forum if you are uneasy about upgrading the real forum. If you are using plugins you shouldn't any major problems. If you are using a ton of hacks that make you edit files, that might be a different story.
    Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

It's very simple, and there's a good guide around for upgrades

Comment

I guess I don't agree that's it's very simple, or maybe it's me.
        I have several new styles installed, and they all have modifications made to them. So I essentially need to start from scratch each time there is an update.
        I know I don't have to update, and the new features aren't that enticing, but I like to stay current for security purposes.
        Cliff
        PathLabTalk
        Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X