pc reboot without loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc reboot without loss

hi was wondeing if theres a way i can reboot and clean my pc without losing my music files
    http://www.trudesi.com

Move them to another disk.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

how would i do this,and how would i reboot my pc
      ive neva done it before

Comment

Originally posted by Thug4Thug View Post
        how would i do this,and how would i reboot my pc
        ive neva done it before
        You mean reformat your hard drive? Well, do you know how to drag-'n-drop? If so, just select all your music files and drag them onto another hard drive, then reformat the original hard drive with an OS CD, such as Windows.
        Forums

Comment

Or burn them to CD/DVD
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

And unless your computer is a custom built one, use the restore/recovery CD/DVD that came with it when you bought it...Unless it's a newer PC since most no longer come with recovery CD/DVD', so you have to create it within Windows, then use it to do the recovery.

If it is a custom built PC, then use your original Windows CD to reinstall after you backup your data.
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Important!

If you have ONE hard drive they can show as drive C and drive D on your computer. Sometimes they split the drives up in multiple partitions.

If you wish to have your data secure you can best burn it to a disk or make sure you have 2 hard drives and move the data from the C drive to the D drive. When you run format it is per drive.

Comment

I am really confused here. The guy ask how to reboot, and everyone starts talking about re-install.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64 View Post
                  I am really confused here. The guy ask how to reboot, and everyone starts talking about re-install.
                  sorry thats what i ment re install
                  i just no it as rebootfor sum reason
                  and others must to lol

Comment

When you run format it is per drive.
                    Nope. It is by partition if you do it with the Windows install cd. If you do it with a disk utility like Maxblast then it will format the whole disk. Even then I think new versions will do by partition.
                    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                      Or burn them to CD/DVD
                      Depending on how much music we're talking about, flash drives etc. would be fine also

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X