Which is your favorite OS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your favorite OS ?

Which is your favorite Operating system for your everyday work, I mean as desktop ?

Ok, I worked with Windows for years then after dealing with all that kind of viruses, spyware and threats I decided to switch to Linux, Linux was way too few user friendly, then I finally found Mac and I felt in love
    Windows
    46.48%
    Linux
    19.72%
    BSD
    0.00%
    Mac
    32.39%
    Other
    1.41%
    Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
    Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

I too had/have the same problem with Windows. I think my main problem is my PC is slowly dying but oh well.

Anyway, I tried Linux and Vista a few times I didn't like either one. While Linux was a step up from Windows the command line areas didn't do it for me. Vista is just too dang resource intensive! Games that ran fine in XP ran extremely choppy in Vista. Of course it's still in beta, but still.

Anyway at my school I have been using my teachers iBook, crappy little sucker, but I saw the potential in OS X. I also understood that the iBooks had the old G4 processor in them so it was a bit slower because of that. Recently I have been to the Apple Store in Seattle, WA and tried out the 17" MacBook Pro and it is soooo nice! I love it!

So long story short, I love Mac OS. XP is livable for the most part, and Linux is too command line oriented (type "sudo blah blah blah /home/usr/ install blah blah blah" into Terminator to install X program)

P.S. I find it kind of funny that no one has voted for Windows yet! (Still only 3 votes, but still )
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT62089 View Post
      Of course it's still in beta, but still.
      Still?
      Did you remember something called Longhorn ? LOL Something like "once upon e time"...
      I've tried over the years this "thing" over and over, first time I believe in 2001, am I correct ?

Comment

I like Windows and Linux equally, and would love to move to Ubuntu Linux for good, but can't, because my wireless adapter still isn't supported. (No drivers...)
        Forums

Comment

Windows and Macintosh for me

Comment

For me it's Mac OS X.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Windows usually but I prefer to use Linux (Fedora) and Mac (I've an old Mac Plus I'm using sometimes )
              Last edited by Yves Rigaud; Fri 30 Jun '06, 4:23am. Reason: Typo :p

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Windows..
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Windows period, I've never had any massive spyware virus issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    Windows period, I've never had any massive spyware virus issues.
                    Any massive ? It doesn't mean any

Comment

windows 2000 professional edition.
                      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Windows + Mac OSX86 is a lovely little computing environment.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

MacOsX86, is it legal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
                            MacOsX86, is it legal ?
                            If you bought it, as far as I know. Which I did, before I knew you needed a patched install CD.
                            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Windows, it was the first OS I used and I'm so adapted to it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X