This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheezit

Is it POSSIBLE to legally ban a user

HYPOTHETICALLY, since some people have a stick up their asses, IS IT POSSIBLE to legally keep someone off your server.

I have a FRIEND who has problems keeping some GUY off his forums, and he wants to know if he can pursue legal action.

Christ I hate internet nerds with a power trip. I just want answers. Not locked topics. I'm not discussing piracy, hacking, or any other 'illegal' activity. Grow a pair and let's discuss this instead of flexing our internet muscle and locking another topic since we have no power in real life.
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to being a jerk about it, but unfortunately legal powers and jurisdiction varies from each part of the world. You will need to consult a lawyer who's tied in or associated with your site's day to day operations.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Sergio68
      • May 2002
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by cheezit
      HYPOTHETICALLY, since some people have a stick up their asses, IS IT POSSIBLE to legally keep someone off your server.

I have a FRIEND who has problems keeping some GUY off his forums, and he wants to know if he can pursue legal action.

Christ I hate internet nerds with a power trip. I just want answers. Not locked topics. I'm not discussing piracy, hacking, or any other 'illegal' activity. Grow a pair and let's discuss this instead of flexing our internet muscle and locking another topic since we have no power in real life.
      Have you already tried stuff like "Miserable User" & "Coventry" ?
      Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
      Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by cheezit

You realize that insulting this staff here will not only get this thread locked, but yourself banned as well, right?
        Forums

Comment

• Sergio68
          • May 2002
          • 6.0.X

Oopps, I noticed only right now the other two closed threads, I suppose you are pulling us a leg

Byeee
          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Someones webserver is like their house, if we don't want you here, you need to leave. Most poeple in the USA could sue the person for harrasment.

Comment

• filburt1
              • Feb 2002

Scare him with a Cease and Desist letter, even if you're bluffing.
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎