Microsoft Ships Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Ships Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3

Today, Microsoft shipped Internet Explorer 7.0 Beta 3, the latest version of its upcoming Web browser for Windows XP, XP x64 Edition, and Windows Server 2003. IE 7.0 Beta 3 includes a number of new features as well as the security fixes that Microsoft added to Internet Explorer during its June 2006 security patch release.

"We described the April 2006 Beta 2 release of Internet Explorer as feature complete," Microsoft Director of Windows Product Management Gary Schare told me during a recent briefing. "But based on feedback, we were able to make a number of changes, including some that will be visible to users."

The biggest new feature is tab reordering. Microsoft has added drag-and-drop browser tabs, allowing users to move the position of tabbed Web documents for the first time. "It's like dragging slide in PowerPoint," Schare said, noting that the feature applies only to the normal browser display mode. "You won't see it in Quick Tabs, which is a static view." Microsoft also brought back the Send Mail toolbar button, made minor RSS changes, fixed a lot of things under the hood, and prettied up some icons.

Download IE 7 Beta 3 - Be sure to uninstall IE 7 beta 2 first.

Source
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

ugh! WGA EVERYWHERE!!!! Anyway installing now And thanks for updating us!
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

If you read the "new" fine print on the WGA update, M$ is now finally warning that their product phones-home to keep checking on the status of your system and that it sends some data to their servers.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

No problem, it has a nice new look, and alot of bug fixes, and a few new features..
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by slappy View Post
          If you read the "new" fine print on the WGA update, M$ is now finally warning that their product phones-home to keep checking on the status of your system and that it sends some data to their servers.

Regards,
          Yes, it sends data to MS, everytime you boot your system up..
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
            No problem, it has a nice new look, and alot of bug fixes, and a few new features..
            Yes, I'm liking this new beta a lot. The icons look do indeed look better, and tab re-ordering is always a plus.
            Forums

Comment

Will install it later. Personally, I like the new look of IE, especially the hidden standard menu that only appears when you need it. IE7 is a nice improvement for the browser market overall and represents a nice leap-frog of technology implementation.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Will install it later. Personally, I like the new look of IE, especially the hidden standard menu that only appears when you need it. IE7 is a nice improvement for the browser market overall and represents a nice leap-frog of technology implementation.
                I agree. I think having the toolbar menu hidden by default is a nice, streamlined idea. I believe the whole goal with Vista is to hide all the toolbars by default, as (at least with IE7), all its function can now be accomplished with the various icons of the UI.
                Forums

Comment

wow new IE o.0
                  But i use and ill use Firefox for a long time It is the best!

Comment

I'll probably try IE7 in hte office. Multiple Tabs is a godsend and I can't use firefox on some sites.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Will install it in a few minutes... I like IE 7 a lot and have been using the beta -- I just wish it worked a bit better with CSS and such.
                      Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

Any improvement for standards compliance with beta 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Tailfeathers View Post
                          Will install it in a few minutes... I like IE 7 a lot and have been using the beta -- I just wish it worked a bit better with CSS and such.
                          They have mad mass improvements with IE7 and XHTML/CSS

Comment

And to think I was just getting used to the tabs being near the top. IE7 beta 3 seems much more polished and finlized. I'm glad to see the ability to re-order tabs.

Comment

I see they stole the magnifying glass +/- thing for resized images like FireFox does. I like that much better than the old way IE did it...

Seems a great deal more polished than Beta 2.
                              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X