Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A mass mailing program to mail your members (not the built in vb one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mass mailing program to mail your members (not the built in vb one)

I don't want to use my vbulletin built in mailing system to email my users, because there is no automated way to remove bounces or people who want to unsubscribe. (plus it bogs the server down too much for my liking)

I am looking for a mailing program that will let me mail out periodic updates, that has these features:
    1. Able to import a list that's I've downloaded from my vb database
    2. Able to allow automatic subscribes and unsubscribes
    3. Able to automatically remove bouncing emails
    4. Able to queue the mail for spread-out sending, or be remotely hosted so it doesn’t bog down my own server
    Is anyone using anything like this?
    Does anyone have any recommendations?

Groupmail by Infacta.
    More than 10 years experience in building communities!
    Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Majordomo at http://www.greatcircle.com/

Bob

Comment

I have 12all installed on my server for mass emailing. it works great as you can create built in pauses to keep the server loads down on your server.
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

There is a mod at vb.org to spread the mailing load for mass mails from the ACP.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
            There is a mod at vb.org to spread the mailing load for mass mails from the ACP.
            But the thread title is 'not one for vb'.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
              But the thread title is 'not one for vb'.
              its infact 'not the built in vb one' what means not the mailing system that comes with vb, so a hack could be what the person is after.

Comment

server load...

Yeah, I want something that doesnt slow or overload my server..

It would also be nice if vb could automatically set 'recieve admin emails' to 'no' for bounces or unsubscribe me requests - can it do that?

Comment

There is no standard functionality to do so. There is however a modification "vBouncer" available at vbulletin.org that could do the trick for you.
                  Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                  Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

PHPList has good reputation.
                    Originally posted by Kathy View Post
                    I have 12all installed on my server for mass emailing. it works great as you can create built in pauses to keep the server loads down on your server.
                    Is it ActiveCampaign's what you're talking about?
                    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

This thread has been dormant for a while. I wonder if you guys came up with something.

I'm looking for a way of pushing out a list of new posts & replies in HTML to my users who select it. It looks like PHPList could accept a RSS feed from Vbulletin. Has anybody tried it. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X