Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a good name Registrar

HI everyone,

I'm moving to ASO and they don't do name transfers, but I don't want my domain names left under the control of 1and1. I'm using .com and .co.uk names currently, and I need a trustworthy, reliable, and helpful Registrar.

ANy suggestions would be much appreciated.
    - SirTalksalot
    www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
    Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

Originally posted by SirTalksalot View Post
    HI everyone,

I'm moving to ASO and they don't do name transfers, but I don't want my domain names left under the control of 1and1. I'm using .com and .co.uk names currently, and I need a trustworthy, reliable, and helpful Registrar.

ANy suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Without a doubt, you need to go with a registrar like Moniker.com ..Their reputation says it all...
    Done with vB3 and Internet Brands...Moved on to xenForo. PM me if u want to buy my VB License

Comment

Godaddy or Namecheap
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Namecheap only. godaddy will eventually rip you off in one way or another. I suggest reading some threads about GoDaddy on WHT

Comment

On Moniker is says

Domain Name transfers are Free and come with a $14.99 renewal for one year.
          https://www.moniker.com/xfrIn/batch_transfer.jsp

Does this mean they will renew my domain and charge me for it as soon as I move to them? Sounds a bit misleading if that is the case.
          - SirTalksalot
          www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
          Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

Comment

I will recommend Directi
            TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Look at the NameCheap thread Plenty of testimonials there.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTalksalot View Post
                On Moniker is says

https://www.moniker.com/xfrIn/batch_transfer.jsp

Does this mean they will renew my domain and charge me for it as soon as I move to them? Sounds a bit misleading if that is the case.
                Yes, they will renew your domain and you will be charged when you move to them (any) and 1 year will be added to the time your domain is already registered for. (current expire date + 1 year) All registrars work that way.
                Last edited by Arsenik; Wed 28 Jun '06, 2:47pm.

Comment

Never had a problem with GoDaddy. I have 40+ domains through them for several years. Had one of my domains hijacked and they fought for me to get it back. With very few exceptions, the only times I have heard of people having problems with them is when they broke the TOS or did not read what they were signing up for.

Moniker? Prince of domain name squatting? Personal opinion... heck no.

Comment

I/ve Never had a problem with GoDaddy either, they have been great to me.
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                      ...godaddy will eventually rip you off in one way or another.
                      I've NEVER had a problem with GoDaddy as a registrar. I do not recommend them for hosting, but as a registrar they're fine.

Namecheap is another one I'd recommend, if you don't want to use GoDaddy.
                      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

You could also use www.ukreg.com a UK based company, used them for years and still do now and again but i'm now turning to Name Cheap.
                        [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

I've used UKReg for .co.uk domains, but that's it due to the pricing

Comment

Pardon me to be so naif, but Cheapnames.com is without DNS management if I want to use an external hosting ?

It seems they take care of DNS only if you use their host
                            Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                            Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

I would go with Namecheap.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X