Clear All

• server problems?

You guys were down for a bit. Problems?

Yep, we are scared

I hope nothing serious
    Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
    Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Given the downtime of about 8 hours, I would say it was serious.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

It looks like something in the SCSI chain is preparing to pop its clogs. We are trying to convince The Planet to recognise the problem (which we've been trying to get them to acknowledge for some months now) and to do something about replacing the dodgy hardware.

We may go down again for a while later today while more hardware diagnostics are performed... sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
          Given the downtime of about 8 hours, I would say it was serious.
          Yep, it depends on the value of the word serious with a kernel reboot on a side and the web farm on fire on the other side , but 8 hour it's a lot

[curiosity mode ON] So ?
          [curiosity mode OFF]

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
            It looks like something in the SCSI chain is preparing to pop its clogs. We are trying to convince The Planet to recognise the problem (which we've been trying to get them to acknowledge for some months now) and to do something about replacing the dodgy hardware.

We may go down again for a while later today while more hardware diagnostics are performed... sorry.
            Ugh. That's totally impersonal. This is why I rather pay a little more and get the right customer service; someone who'd at least LOOK at what the heck is going on rather than ignoring it when the problem reaches the point of no return
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Ok, hardware problem, at least we don't became paranoid with hacking issues on our mind

Comment

I still blame vBulletin 3.6 being too 1337 for the server to handle it.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

How does Jelsoft like The Planet Hosting? Any words of praise/criticism??

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmanphp View Post
                    How does Jelsoft like The Planet Hosting? Any words of praise/criticism??
                    The hardware is good, connectivity is good, but their support ticket system has a terrible lack of continuity - one staff member will ask for feedback which we provide, then another will come in and read only the very last response, resulting in support tickets that resemble chinese whispers and and take excessively long to get resolved.

Comment

With all your internal expertise, I would have thought you could run your own servers, just co-located in a datacenter.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

The hardware is good, connectivity is good, but their support ticket system has a terrible lack of continuity - one staff member will ask for feedback which we provide, then another will come in and read only the very last response, resulting in support tickets that resemble chinese whispers and and take excessively long to get resolved.
                        Kier... I know exactly what you are talking about.

With all your internal expertise, I would have thought you could run your own servers, just co-located in a datacenter.
                        I'm sure the economic cost-benefit from paying for managed servers means more time with support and development for vB.

Comment

Essentially we do run our own servers. One could consider our arrangement with The Planet to be essentially co-location without our actual ownership of the hardware.

Comment

I am with LiquidWeb which has a 2hr SLA hardware replacement, but the more important part, is they offer 24/7 live phone suppport and SCSI as options for their managed servers. Maybe it's time you guys moved to a provider who cares more about there clients.

Comment

Its back now after a raid array rebuild and some more fixes on some MySQL tables.
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X