X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffsbaker
    replied
    Well that didn't work very well at all. I pasted the HTML content and it looked fine in the editor, but when I pressed "Submit reply" all the formatting was wrong and it changed all my [img] tags into [url] tags. I even tried to edit the message and change them back to [img] tags, but every time I saved the message it went right back to [url].

This time I will press the Switch editor mode button:

Your results:
    You are Superman Superman95%Batman45%Supergirl45%Spider-Man40%Robin30%Wonder Woman25%The Flash10%Hulk0%Green Lantern0%Catwoman0%Iron Man0%You are mild-mannered, good,
    strong and you love to help others.
    Click here to take the "Which Superhero are you?" quiz...

I don't know what is going on. Maybe I don't have permission to display pictures or something. Anyway, it does the formatting wrong. So here is a paste that has been converted using HTML2BBCODE site:

Your results:
    You are Superman
    Superman
    95%
    Batman
    45%
    Supergirl
    45%
    Spider-Man
    40%
    Robin
    30%
    Wonder Woman
    25%
    The Flash
    10%
    Hulk
    0%
    Green Lantern
    0%
    Catwoman
    0%
    Iron Man
    0%

You are mild-mannered, good,

Click here to take the Superhero Personality Test

Leave a comment:

• jeffsbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
    If you paste in actual HTML from another page not HTML source it does the conversion. Is what he meant.

So if you select some blue text on a page and copy and paste it should turn out ok.
    Hey, thanks for the clarification. So Omri.L was saying that if you copy content from an HTML page and paste it into vBulletin's WYSIWYG editor and then press the "Switch Editor Mode" button ) then it will change it to vB Code. I am going to try and test that:

Your results:
    You are Superman Superman95%Batman45%Supergirl45%Spider-Man40%Robin30%Wonder Woman25%The Flash10%Hulk0%Green Lantern0%Catwoman0%Iron Man0%You are mild-mannered, good,
    Click here to take the "Which Superhero are you?" quiz...

Ok, I haven't clicked the button yet. But I am going to in my next post as a test. Now I may be mistaken, but it seems that most vBulletin forums don't have a WYSIWYG editor that lets you paste HTML right into the editor. Is that true, or is it just forums running other software that don't do that?
    Last edited by jeffsbaker; Sun 25 Jun '06, 7:25pm.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    If you paste in actual HTML from another page not HTML source it does the conversion. Is what he meant.

So if you select some blue text on a page and copy and paste it should turn out ok.

Leave a comment:

• jeffsbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by roosevelt View Post
    Hmm.. I am not really sure. Just an design to wrap it up. You may also use AJAX a bit to change the styles around. For example when an user clicks on vB Code checkbox a template is loaded similar to vbulletin forum style with its logo. And same goes for other boards, when someone clicks on SMF checkbox it loads a style similar to SMF .
    I see what you are saying. That might take some work. I have not really done much with AJAX either.

Leave a comment:

• roosevelt
    replied
    Hmm.. I am not really sure. Just a design to wrap it up. You may also use AJAX a bit to change the styles around. For example when an user clicks on vB Code checkbox a template is loaded similar to vbulletin forum style with its logo. And same goes for other boards, when someone clicks on SMF checkbox it loads a style similar to SMF .
    Last edited by roosevelt; Sat 24 Jun '06, 9:38pm.

Leave a comment:

• jeffsbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by roosevelt View Post
    First I was thinking this thread is a spam . But anyways the script looks pretty good. Might want to design a nice template for it as well.
    Thanks for the comment. What kind of template could be designed for it?

Leave a comment:

• roosevelt
    replied
    First I was thinking this thread is a spam . But anyways the script looks pretty good. Might want to design a nice template for it as well.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Page
    replied
    Nice work

Leave a comment:

• jeffsbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Omri.L
    I belive that if you paste HTML code in vBulletin's WYSIWYG editor and click over the button that turns the editor back to basic mode it basically does the same thing. Thanks though
    I am not sure what you mean. If I paste HTML code in here and then press the "Switch Editor Mode" button nothing happens.

<FONT face="arial" color="blue">blue</font>

Leave a comment:

• Omri.L
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffsbaker View Post
    HTML to BBCode Converter.
    Paste HTML code in textbox and press the button and all the code
    that can be converted to BBCode will be displayed. HTML code
    that cannot be converted will be removed. There is also options
    to convert to vB Code and SMF Code.

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode
    I belive that if you paste HTML code in vBulletin's WYSIWYG editor and click over the button that turns the editor back to basic mode it basically does the same thing. Thanks though

Leave a comment:

• jeffsbaker
    started a topic HTML to BBCode Converter

HTML to BBCode Converter

HTML to BBCode Converter.
    Paste HTML code in textbox and press the button and all the code
    that can be converted to BBCode will be displayed. HTML code
    that cannot be converted will be removed. There is also options
    to convert to vB Code and SMF Code.

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode