New vB site coming, need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vB site coming, need help...

I am just trying to decide on a new domain name that will include vB in it. As it will be a site based solely on my hacks and all of my friends hacks. All testing will take place there but it will also house our commercial hacks and styles which there won't be many of those.

Just give me your vote on a domain name. I plan to let the public decide the domain due to it will be a site that concentrates on its customers, members, and visitors of alike.

Also, if you have a suggestion on a domain name, please post it without making a vote.

Thanks
    Myth (Steve)
    vBGurus.com
    40.00%
    vBLovers.com
    10.00%
    vBUnited.com
    30.00%
    vBHacksNStuff.com
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

vBGurus: Are you gurus? Are you really?
    vBLovers: Childish.
    vBUnited: What parts of vB are united there?
    vBHacksNStuff.com: V35y c00l n4m3.

Comment

Wait a sec, I didn't say criticize the names, they are suggestions from friends and other vB users. You tell me what you think would be good. You can criticize as long as you also suggest, you didn't suggest though.

Thanks for input, btw, my definition of a guru is someone who works alone or in a group to bring forth a great addition to something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythotical View Post
        You can criticize as long as you also suggest, you didn't suggest though.
        Man, you have a weird sense of reality. I gave you my opinion on them without just saying "those names are bad". The proper response would have been "thanks for the input".

Originally posted by Mythotical View Post
        Thanks for input, btw, my definition of a guru is someone who works alone or in a group to bring forth a great addition to something.
        A guru is perceived to be an expert.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude, just wanting suggestions as well. You can say the names are horrible and I will say thanks for the input but I would expect someone to give another suggestion in place of those. Thats all I'm asking. But sorry I came off as being rude, didn't mean to.

Comment

Personally, I don't think any of the above are good names. Buf if I had to pick from only the ones listed, I'd probably pick vBGurus.

Have you registered these names? It's probably a good idea to register them beforehand.
            :)

Comment

I agree with the first part of DP's post - sorry, none of them are really catchy to be honest and they all seem a tad old-hat.

Perhaps try to come up with something original, not (over)used before, totally new, fresh, unique...

vB101
              vBextreme
              ivBulletin
              vBsvBplace
              vBWorld
              vBUniverse
              veebee

and to end with a sarcastic one... younevergetbetterthanvB.com

vBXtra.... Oh!!! sorry, that one's mine
              John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan View Post
                I agree with the first part of DP's post - sorry, none of them are really catchy to be honest and they all seem a tad old-hat.

Perhaps try to come up with something original, not (over)used before, totally new, fresh, unique...

vB101
                vBextreme
                ivBulletin
                vBsvBplace
                vBWorld
                vBUniverse
                veebee

and to end with a sarcastic one... younevergetbetterthanvB.com

vBXtra.... Oh!!! sorry, that one's mine
                /me registers all of the above.
                :)

Comment

none for me really but went with vbunited.com

What about vbfuzion.com or vbfusion.com as you are fusing mods together, lol?
                  [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

/me registers them all
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

vbfusion has been taken so ignore that one. Why not:

vbhacksandmodificationssitewithotherextrasanddiscussion.com
                      [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

Wow all you guys are being really helpful aren't you;.

Original poster, I actually quite like vBHacksNStuff.com
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
                          /me registers all of the above.
                          All except vBXtra and vBEXtra eh... though you cna buy those too for the right price if you really want to... interested in all serious offers
                          ...)
                          John

Comment

vBGurus but posting domain names on a public forum is usually a bad idea

Comment

Hello Mythotical,

Firstly, I think it's very difficult for someone to come up with a name that has been around for a long time. So good luck with your brainstorm and I hope you use the one you're happy with

I don't think Vbulletin or Vb are particullary great names. I don't mean to cause any offense by that . But you don't have a lot to work with. It's not like you can play on words. Or use other techniques used for coming up with a domain name.

So I think what you need to look at is how easy the names are to remember. Afterall the aim of the name is to attract visitors to your site. But most importantly is so that they remember it and will visit again. The shorter the better .

Aslong as your name sums up as quickly as possible what it is. You should be fine. Also think about a slogan which might suit the site too.

Good luck with your site. I hope I get to visit it in the future

Also...just as I've been writing. I've come up with hacksite.co.uk (.com is taken) or maybe vbhacksite.com (is availiable at time of writing...)

You might hate them, but I'm just trying to help

Best Regards,

Matthew M

P.S. I've voted in the poll.
                              Last edited by matius4; Fri 9 Jun '06, 1:25pm. Reason: Updated domain name information
                              Best Regards,

Matthew M (matius4)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X