The Found-New Feature List on vB 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
    You can mark a forum read in the dropdown menu with AJAX (not only by a double-click on a icon)
    Always could. :P

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

No -- it wasn't with AJAX before.

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
      You can mark a forum read in the dropdown menu with AJAX (not only by a double-click on a icon)
      Good find -- I really like that!
      Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
        Originally posted by welo
        The new features are great. All I know is, for two-and-a-half years now (ever since VB went 3.X) I've been waiting and asking for the ability to either assign sent PMs to folders or forward them to my email so I can store them myself. Far as I can see it's still nowhere in sight. Is this really such a far-fetched concept?
        There is an option to download private messages as either text or XML so you can keep your own records. This has been available since 3.0.
        Okay then, guess I'll just keep bringing it up and hope for VB6 or something.
        "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
        It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
          Hm... I was hoping the polls would've been using AJAX in this new version...
          or see multiple/conditional polls as well.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

The Announcements.

Comment

As they've announced something unspectacular as the 'Default Thread Sorting Option per Forum' thing ...
              While that may be small, it has been requested for quite sometime, so on that basis, I would say it's actually cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
                While that may be small, it has been requested for quite sometime, so on that basis, I would say it's actually cool.
                I really need and like that new option.

Comment

You can see the number of replies for each thread in the archives

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by Tailfeathers View Post
                    No -- it wasn't with AJAX before.

Good find -- I really like that!
                    It's not not mark read with AJAX, if you're talking about the link in Quick Links.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogden2k View Post
                      It's not not mark read with AJAX, if you're talking about the link in Quick Links.
                      No they're referring to when you're viewing a forum itself (forumdisplay.php), and use the Mark This Forum Read link in the forum tools bar, it's AJAX'ed; hence, done near-instantly.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

No they're referring to when you're viewing a forum itself (forumdisplay.php), and use the Mark This Forum Read link in the forum tools bar, it's AJAX'ed; hence, done near-instantly.
                        And it does some very cool javascript page manipulation to actually change the display of any unread threads shown on that page... try it and see

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
                          And it does some very cool javascript page manipulation to actually change the display of any unread threads shown on that page... try it and see
                          In the days of Prototype (which uses an MIT-type license *hint*) and script.aculo.us that's not too impressive.

The ideas behind all the new features are quite interesting though, and I'm glad to see some plugins finally added as stock features

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                            I think you are getting confused with my signature. I put that there myself whilst playing with the signature image feature
                            check this guy's post

Comment

Ah, I see. Very nice.

Comment

I see the Devs have been busy. Keep up the good work.
                                You're my Prince of Peace
                                And I will live my life for You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X