No announcement yet.

The Found-New Feature List on vB 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As they've announced something unspectacular as the 'Default Thread Sorting Option per Forum' thing there are 2 options:

* all other upcoming feautures are small and boring
    * they're bringing out something very cool (vBlog..?)

That's the end of that!

Comment

Even if they are all small and boring, it's pretty amazing that they can span several posts full of new features

Seems like they're announcing one major feature per post though. Day 1 was the MQ, Day 2 was the super crazy cool warning system

Comment

You're right, one cool feature per day. I am wondering what comes next.

btw. it's called 'Infraction System', Warning System must be something a competitive software uses.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post

btw. it's called 'Infraction System', Warning System must be something a competitive software uses.
          True.

"Infraction" sounds so much more dramatic, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder View Post
            Seems like they're announcing one major feature per post though. Day 1 was the MQ, Day 2 was the super crazy cool warning system
            I wonder if (and hope that) it will be the ability to search PMs?
            When in doubt, give it a clout :D

Comment

The word 'infraction' in German is the same as 'injury'. Well but I am not going to hurt my users.
              That's the end of that!

Comment

The word 'infraction' in German is the same as 'injury'. Well but I am not going to hurt my users.
                I dunno, sometimes I want to strangle or cut the fingers off a muppet on the sites
                When in doubt, give it a clout :D

Comment

Originally posted by Anth View Post
                  I wonder if (and hope that) it will be the ability to search PMs?
                  I don't think they are actually adding new features as they are going along. Since PM'ing is on the user side, we would have seen it already. Unless it's a permission that they've disabled until they announce it

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                    This thread is the 'Found-New Feature List', not a feature request thread.

here ..it might make it easier...it was a thought

Originally posted by stinger2 View Post
                    can NOT find new things not said yet..
                    but just a thought
                    Last edited by stinger2; Thu 1 Jun '06, 10:32am.

Comment

I was under the impression that this sort of feature has been called "Warning System" on vbulletin.org since 2002.

I felt "Warning System" was not indicative of the true capabilities of our system. It seems that the point of most systems is a cumulation of points until an automatic ban is triggered. Our system doesn't actually ever ban users or change their usergroups. While the basis upon a system of points is common, the reduction of permissions via the usergroup system is not. You penalize users by tacking on infraction groups which are triggered at pre determined point levels. Infraction groups work in the opposite of normal groups such that a "NO" overrides all "YES" permissions the user has from their normal usergroups.

An important feature that may have been missed it that you can assign different infraction levels to different usergroups. You can set registered members to lose PMs at 5 points while setting a premium group to lose PMs at 10 points with this system.

Also infraction conveys that you've done something wrong while not alluding to the level of severity. Warning conveys a slap on the wrist. Our system allows you to warn users, which will never affect their permissions, or give them infractions, which can reduce permissions.

Infraction also ties into the red card / yellow card theme.

Comment

If you do want to make it so that when registered users hit 30 points (for example), they get banned, will that be possible?
                        Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

Originally posted by Tailfeathers View Post
                          If you do want to make it so that when registered users hit 30 points (for example), they get banned, will that be possible?
                          You could take every permission from them but they would never actually be moved into the "BANNED" usergroup.

Comment

Ah, I see. Hopefully that will be added in a future release...I'm sure lots of people would like to do that with this system.
                            Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

You can mark a forum read in the dropdown menu with AJAX (not only by a double-click on a icon)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Hm... I was hoping the polls would've been using AJAX in this new version...
                                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X