No announcement yet.

The Found-New Feature List on vB 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reputation system was never really meant to be used as a warning system.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      The reputation system was never really meant to be used as a warning system.
      So then both are supposed to be used as two seperate systems? In other words, a user could have both a high reputation but a negative rating as well, in the form of being warned on many occasions?
      Forums

Comment

I'd imagine a warning system would be used internally by a boards staff, while a reputation system could be used by anyone, to show their appreciation for a persons post.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
          So then both are supposed to be used as two seperate systems? In other words, a user could have both a high reputation but a negative rating as well, in the form of being warned on many occasions?
          The warning system is for staff. It is set up so that you can deny privileges to users based on the severity of the infraction. You can set up various infractions with various degrees of penalty and different expirations for the penalties based on what you see as "bad".
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

You can deny privileges with it? Now that is cool! I want to get my hands on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder View Post
              You can deny privileges with it? Now that is cool! I want to get my hands on it!
              Well, it's not quite that simple. You can't deny individual permissions on a per infraction basis.

I'm not sure how much detail I'm allowed to get into right now, so let's leave it as I already explained
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

Aww I'm imagining a rank-type thing in the ACP. If warning >50, disable X or something.

I can't wait and see what it's all about

Comment

Maybe it could be best described as the illegitimate child of Reputation and Paid Subscriptions
                  Webmaster:
                  @forumz

Comment

Ahhhh, so it sets usergroups / access masks? Okay okay, I'll wait. lol

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&highlight=apc
                      APC support should be in 3.6 according to scott macvicar, but obviously there's no way for us users to tell.

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

RSS feed.
                        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Originally posted by simsim View Post
                          RSS feed.
                          Nice find, glad to see that posts are being formatted using the "content:encoded" syntax for vBulletin RSS Feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by simsim View Post
                            RSS feed.
                            Ah, shows diff feed depending on the page you're in.
                            Last edited by rossco_2005; Wed 31 May '06, 8:55pm.

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

Mmmm... does the uploaded image's legend is new feature?

and also new AJAX reputation ?
                              Last edited by Omri.L; Wed 31 May '06, 4:44pm.

Comment

Oooh, 3.6 Beta has been released... The warning system sounds sweet.
                                Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X