Do you have a forum for guests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a forum for guests?

I am thinking about making a category with two forums, where guests also can write topics. What do you guys think about that???
    My site
    www.coolservice.dk

Guests will never be allowed to post at my forums.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
      Guests will never be allowed to post at my forums.
      ok... why not??? wont it give your site more content??
      My site
      www.coolservice.dk

Comment

Nope.

Guest posting means spam. Spam which is harder to control

Comment

Guests are guests. They only can pass by & see what others are doing. If they want to contribute, they must 'join in' first.

Originally posted by dreamer81
          ok... why not??? wont it give your site more content??
          Only poor quality content.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

sounds reasonable
            My site
            www.coolservice.dk

Comment

As others have said, guest posting = spam.

Not a good idea if you ask me.
              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Same here guess arent allowed to post at my forums either it would be to much trouble at my forums if they were allowed..

Comment

Would encourage spam and some guests wouldn't bother registering if there was a forum they could post in.
                  Wii Zelda

Comment

I allow guests to make posts in just one forum which is primarily used for a sad reason - for members to post obituaries about players or friends who have passed. I have printed off many full threads containing loads of posts after they became populated with hundreds of messages of sympathy and support for families. I have then sent these on to the family of those who have passed away as a tribute fro mmy site and our members - all of which have been greatly appreciated.
                    John

Comment

No I don't usually bother with guest posting, I'd much rather they sign up

Comment

Yes, I've got a forum where guests can post.
                        It's the forum for support and feedback.
                        Guests are free to give feedback or make a suggestion (there is a special thread where they can post what should be added to the forums to make them join).
                        The forum is also there if they've got problems logging in.

I haven't had problems with that so far.
                        *Insert text here* :)

Comment

Originally posted by zappsan
                          Yes, I've got a forum where guests can post.
                          It's the forum for support and feedback.
                          Guests are free to give feedback or make a suggestion (there is a special thread where they can post what should be added to the forums to make them join).
                          The forum is also there if they've got problems logging in.

I haven't had problems with that so far.
                          How old and large is your site?

As for myself... nope, don't have one and don't intend on having one unless it's testing purposes.
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I have a help forum that I allow guests to post in on one of my sites. I allow the guests to post in case someone is having problems logging in, which happens from time to time.
                            Cricket Phone Talk | Tennessee Vols

Comment

Yep, i have a test forum where guests can also post and once per 6 months we move all the threads to archive. Of course, any spam is dealt with sooner. To my suprise it isn't spammed as much as I expected it to be.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X