Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razasharp
    replied
    I've been to Turkey many times through work, and it's a great place - beautiful blue seas and so warm!

I always stayed in Istanbul, and loved going to the Grand Bazaar - it's good fun if you like haggling! And LOADS of fake clothes and really cheap... even fake phone faceplates etc lol

Hope you have a good time!

Leave a comment:

• agresifff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sacha
    Hi everybody from Turkey...
    i think you first of all visit our country and then talk about
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Sacha
    replied
    Hi everybody from Turkey...
    i think you first of all visit our country and then talk about

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    I've been there for 23 times.

It is quite some time now since our last trip to Turkey but it got boring so we decided to spend our holidays somewhere else.

Turkey is not a bad country to travel to but over it the time the country has changed and now it isn't what it used to be. I can remember our first trip: It was like a third world country, nobody spoke our language and everything was like off the wall. At the moment everybody wants to get rich and since the 'Euro' the prices are also risen.

However, have a good stay at Turkey, and share your experience!

It is still a wonderful country and if you stay away from all that was made for tourist only you'll see how wonderful and friendly the people are.

And remember what Colin said: don't buy 'Niko', 'Tommy Hilficka', 'Addidas' and stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• dreamer81
    replied
    Originally posted by Greps
    so I'm going away to Alanya for 2 weeks. I assume it will be quite a new experience visiting a Muslim country after living in Scandinavia all my life.

so, is there anything I need to know about Turkey before I go? any special customs/traditions or anything else? anything I need to be aware of?

thanks in advance.
    ive been there 5 times... both alanya and marmaris.
    You need to know a few things. First of all, people are very eager to sell you stuff. And it's very cheap as well. BUT.. when they suggest a price to you. for instance 40 EURO, say 5 EURO... i know it sounds crazy, but that's really how it is... you can easily get it for 10 EURO then...

Once when i was there, this dude wanted to sell me a leather jacket.. he ran after me half way through the city, but i kept my price, and in the end i got it for MY price... and he still made money of it...

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    I've been there when I was about 5 or 6. I loved it, it was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    Only on a few trips when I have visited the Greek islands. Very hot, but a superb welcome was reveived. I wouldn't mind spending some more time there to take in the culture et al. My Sister in law spent 6 months there last year managing a bar - she's back now, but did enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F
    I've been there, but the places I was were all really geared towards tourists.

Just remember that if you ever go shopping, 99% of what they sell is fake, and 95% of the time you don't need to pay what they ask you at first.
    Don't they rival Southeast Asia for the highest number or pirated/counterfeit items sold in a country?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    I've been there, but the places I was were all really geared towards tourists.

Just remember that if you ever go shopping, 99% of what they sell is fake, and 95% of the time you don't need to pay what they ask you at first.

Leave a comment:

• komodo9
    replied
    I went there once a few years back. Great to visit, but I could never live there.

For some reason, no one there likes air conditioning.... you'll see. heh

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    No sorry, never been there. And not really planning on going either.

Leave a comment:

• Greps
    started a topic anyone been to Turkey?

anyone been to Turkey?

so I'm going away to Alanya for 2 weeks. I assume it will be quite a new experience visiting a Muslim country after living in Scandinavia all my life.

so, is there anything I need to know about Turkey before I go? any special customs/traditions or anything else? anything I need to be aware of?

thanks in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X