Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forum content/copyrights/public domain ect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum content/copyrights/public domain ect...

Hello-

I run a medium sized forum for an association and recently we have had an item or problem up for discussion.

There is a business trademark name battle going on in the back ground and a new member has came to our members only forum to gather information to try and discredit another member.

My question is can one member take posts from another and use them against this way legally? The only thing I have at the bottom of the forum except your brand "jelsoft" is "copyright the_forums_initials"

This is becoming a rather big issue as some of it's in federal court already.

I wish for your comments and any place I may find sound legal advice to protect users on our forums.

Thank you for any help!

For 'sound legal advice' talk to an Attorney. This is not the place to get it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, and thank you for your kind input as always. How about a legal resource that specializes in this type of thing from members here. Or do you not want me posting here for resources regarding this issue?

Comment

Nevermind, The attorney type is called cyber attorney. I can go forward now with getting my sound advice.

Comment

http://www.PirateReportsForum.com/

Maybe you can find some info here too.

Comment

Floris,

Thank you too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X