Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good domain registrar here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good domain registrar here...

eNom is charing me $30 a year for domains renewals and thats way too much. I'm looking for a new domain registrar that doesnt have a transfer fee (or a small amount if no fee isnt possible) and that is $10 a year or less. Can anyone help?

I'd do the research myself but I really dont know where to start, and I dont trust Google enough to search for just "domain registrar"... I'd likely get a bunch of crap anyways

MGM out

http://www.namecheap.com/ is what I used recently, mainly because of their free WHOIS privacy protection. Look around for coupons to drop the price from $8.88 to $7.95 or less.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I use namecheap as well, although I don't know if they have a transfer fee or not.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

According to this page, transfer pricing seems to be $8.88

MGM out

Comment

Namecheap, GoDaddy, Registerfly The first being my preferred.

Comment

My favorite two, in this order are:
            1. GoDaddy
            2. Namecheap
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

GoDaddy used to be cool. Now they're terrible. They cater to the stupidest user and try to load you up on useless services before checking out, and just like Register.com used to a while ago, they imply that they're the definitive place to get a domain name when there are thousands of other registrars out there.

The WHOIS protection from Namecheap alone made me buy from them. I could have gotten it from Yahoo Domains for $3 (first year only) but they wanted an extra $10 for the WHOIS protection. I'm all for rustproofing and undercoatings, but I have my limits.
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                According to this page, transfer pricing seems to be $8.88

MGM out
                If you transfer from register A to namecheap.com you pay $8.88, which adds 12 months to your domain before it expires. So .. look at it this way:

You transfer for free, but pay 1 year renewal.
                You pay for transfer, and get one year renewal.

Either, way, together with paypal support : I use it the most.

Godaddy is horrible.

Comment

GoDaddy isn't even reachable on my country! I use Namecheap.com & I'm very satisfied customer.
                  You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                    If you transfer from register A to namecheap.com you pay $8.88, which adds 12 months to your domain before it expires. So .. look at it this way:

You transfer for free, but pay 1 year renewal.
                    You pay for transfer, and get one year renewal.

Either, way, together with paypal support : I use it the most.

Godaddy is horrible.
                    Very nice! I think I've made my choice, thanks a lot everybody! Namecheap looks like a very good domain registrar!

MGM out

Comment

Namecheap or Godaddy, but unfortunately most of my domains are already on GoDaddy, so I use it for the sake of ease.
                      BMW Forums | Car Wallpapers | Planet Yankees | My Blog

Comment

I am glad we could help you make a pick. Good luck with namecheap and if you have any questions about it just query me on irc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X