FireFox or IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox or IE

I have both firefox and IE but i keep switching between both, can somebody please help me to choose between them, im very confused. Sometimes i hear that firefox is safer but im just so used to the regular view and functions of IE, and i dont want to change firefox i like it as it is.

Firefox, plenty of addons at the Mozilla site.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Page
      Firefox, plenty of addons at the Mozilla site.
      What if he likes IE more?

Use what you like and feel familiar with, don't jump on the fad train because its the fad. Personally I don't like Firefox all that much. Not only are there the memory leaks but i just don't think its quite where it should be yet. I prefer IE by leaps and bounds.

Comment

Well he wanted help deciding, so I threw my two pennies in

Comment

Firefox here.

Comment

Opera ?

is Opera worth anything ? i havn't played much with it....

Comment

Zach, Memory Leaks aren't memory leaks in the traditional sense. The memory isn't lost forever, if you restart the process you get all your memory back.

You can fix these leaks by decreasing the amount of memory to use for the back / forwards cache.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Personally I find Firefox faster, and having a Linux box, Mac OS X box and a couple of Windows boxs in the house using the same browser version on all of them helps with consistency.

Comment

Firefox

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                    Zach, Memory Leaks aren't memory leaks in the traditional sense. The memory isn't lost forever, if you restart the process you get all your memory back.

You can fix these leaks by decreasing the amount of memory to use for the back / forwards cache.
                    Except that it never seems to go back down, I was atad bit unhappy that every time i opened firefox it was consuming 150 megs+ and soon grew to constantly 200, then 300.

Comment

I'd be curious to see the awstats breakdown of IE vs Firefox on a higher-trafficked site like this one. I personally use Firefox on all my computers.
                      BMW Forums | Car Wallpapers | Planet Yankees | My Blog

Comment

Kier posted while ago, IE still dwarfed Firefox but a large margin.

Comment

FWIW, personally, I prefer Firefox on a PC (IE6 lacks too many features I rely on, IE7 is too garish) and Camino on a Mac.
                          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

I prefer Opera to any other browser. I'm using the latest weekly build of Opera 9 right now, and it's very stable and feature-filled.
                            Forums

Comment

IMHO Firefox has a better feel to it than IE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X