advertising advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertising advice

I'm not all that new to websites and forums, but what I am new to is advertising. I've always made pretty much just personal sites and a few small time sites for some customers, but never had to advertise them.

I'm wondering how I should go about beginning to advertise my site. Be it google ranking, ad networks, or whatever

what do you use? what have you had good experiences with, and bad experiences? any advice at all is appreciated, and the more details you give as well...as i'm planning on writing up a small tutorial on the subject possibly

The main income of traffic I get for my site is from search engines. If you have a lot of content on your site, and lots of good/relevant sites link to you, then your SE hits and pagerank will increase. So write content and do link exchanges with people, that's one basic but effective way.
    Wii Zelda

Comment

what about actual banner/affiliate advertising stuff? anyone have a good idea of about how many page hits/unique hits per day is a good amount to actually get some decent advertisers?

Comment

Originally posted by creedmaniac
        what about actual banner/affiliate advertising stuff? anyone have a good idea of about how many page hits/unique hits per day is a good amount to actually get some decent advertisers?
        If you want to spend money on advertising, make sure that the sites you advertise on have lots of hits/pageviews... of course they are also more expensive, but it's worth it, trust me!
        My site
        www.coolservice.dk

Comment

Backlinks! Read about how Google's pagerank works. The more high-quality backlinks you get, the better placement you'll get in search results. Organic results are the best long-term solution, and the least cost. You may not get thousands of visitors at first, but it'll build up over time and not be dependant on your budget.
          BMW Forums | Car Wallpapers | Planet Yankees | My Blog

Comment

Step 1, add your URL to search engines.
            Step 2, get cross linked on other web sites.
            Step 3, purchase google adwords or alike programs to advertise your site.
            Step 4, get your community involved to get the word out.
            Step 5, spam people online by putting your site url in the signature and post on other sites
            Step 6, spam people offline by putting the url down in mags and stickers on wall. Posters in school, etc
            Step 7, keep content of site active and fresh, this will auto generate more search engine results, more reason to stay cross site linked and more fun for returning traffic, which will increase word of mouth, etc.
            Step 8, buy out the little sites
            Step 9, world domina.. wait. Wrong list

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X