X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepshow
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel
    It was elementary and middle school. Kids pick on other kids because they're different. Be it race, number of friends, accent, whatever. It doesn't necessarily mean they're racist. Does a child really know enough to hate all peoples of a certain race? I doubt it.
    I agree that in elementary school maybe not racism because the kids would be too young to understand racism in the first place. But middle school is a different story, IMO. Kids in middle school should know what racism is and understand how wrong it is.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    You were picked on because you're Asian. Wow, talk about racism.

I can't stand racists.
    It was elementary and middle school. Kids pick on other kids because they're different. Be it race, number of friends, accent, whatever. It doesn't necessarily mean they're racist. Does a child really know enough to hate all peoples of a certain race? I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel
    I kinda got made fun of and picked on because I was practically the only Asian kid in the entire school. Then I moved to Texas where a good 25% of the schools is Asian and all the problems magically disappeared.
    You were picked on because you're Asian. Wow, talk about racism.

I can't stand racists.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    I kinda got made fun of and picked on because I was practically the only Asian kid in the entire school. Then I moved to Texas where a good 25% of the schools is Asian and all the problems magically disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Bullied loads all through school from age 7 to age 16. various reasons. tried sticking up for myself, but never worked. after all who is better to pick on that the geek who is into computers, plays in the school band, and doesn't have any freinds?

Bit the teacher once though coz I was freaking out (I was only 9 or 10 at the time)

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
    Sorry to hear about what you have gone threw ben.
    No-one should have to take that kinda crap from anyone.

I've never been bullied anywhere, then again i think people are afraid of me, because of all of my tattoos
    lol, I may have to get some. :P

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    People TRIED to bully me LOL. I moved to a different school in 7th grade, didn't have any friends so kids were picking on me. They found out soon that under the nice friendly exterior, there was a mean crazy dude waiting to get out. I got into a lot of fights when I was younger, and throughout my high school years because I don't put up with crap. Nice people will be treated nicely, *******s will be treated accordingly. Of course I don't go and start crap with people, but if someone starts crap with me they better finish it or I will

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Sorry to hear about what you have gone threw ben.
    No-one should have to take that kinda crap from anyone.

I've never been bullied anywhere, then again i think people are afraid of me, because of all of my tattoos

Leave a comment:

• Lenni
    replied
    never been bullied.

Leave a comment:

• Kimmi
    replied
    I did once and i bit back and they never did it again.. A 7th grader boy tried to come up and smack me and i laid his ass on the ground.I was only about 5 feet tall and maybe 80 pounds.I was taught to fit back and i did ever since he was nice to me.

My mom alway told us you never let a guy lay a hand on you.. If they try to you fight back and get them good. so thats what i did

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin
    wield. I thought you geek types were supposed to be smart
    I'd love to credit brains to everything that I have today, but also, some luck was involved.

Leave a comment:

• .:mak:.
    replied
    True, bullies are pretty much cowards since they hang around in groups. They can still use the fear of thier group when they're on thier own though.
    I'm surprised bullies don't stop and think about what they're doing. They're messing up thier future by not studying in school & getting a poor report. They'll probably have the same crappy attitude/personality throughout their life too, so they're headed straight for the worst outcome.

Leave a comment:

• hilaryjb
    replied
    My experience fwiw is that there is no such thing as a bully on her (or, presumably, his) own. Bullying is what a group (with a very popular ringleader) does to an individual no-one really likes.

There are probably good reasons why no-one really likes the individual who gets bullied. Maybe he's dumb, maybe she looks different and can't play sports, maybe he's socially inept (which is what happens to people who never have any friends). It's probably really easy to get together with your friends and have some fun laughing at him/her.

But if you are in a group attacking an individual - whether you're attacking physically, or just making fun and having a good laugh - then you are the bully.

Leave a comment:

• .:mak:.
    replied
    Most bullies, I imagine, are a member of the lesser-brained bunch, so the best way is to ignroe them, or treat them as minors (sounds nasty, but it's what they do to perfectly normal people, may as well do it back to them). There was one guy who tried to annoy me, but I laughed in his face, especially since they'd had just found out they had got an E in a science exam.
    Last edited by .:mak:.; Thu 18 May '06, 3:20am.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Most definitely got bullied around. However it led me to the internet and basically put me into a position where now I wheel some bit of power in the interactive entertainment industry. I now get perks like being able to get into E3 and stuff, and share it with people who didn't bully me around.

In turn, they are reaping what they sowed
    wield. I thought you geek types were supposed to be smart

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X