Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Next Generation Video Game Console Are You Buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vile
    Already own a 360, so next one will probably be a PS3.

The concept for wii is ridiculous so I won't waste my money on it, unless it does something to really amaze me.

And those of you who continue to compare PCs to Consoles are comparing apples & oranges...
    Did you totally miss E3?

Originally posted by cirisme
    Ditto. But to be fair to Vile, Nintendo's folks have made comments that their primary target are non-gamers (like me). I think they're doing a good job at that because I'm truly excited about Wii... whereas reactions seem to be mixed by more hardcore gamers.
    Their idea is to get more people invovled, not only are they apealing to the hardcore gamers with games like zelda, metriod, and mario. They are adding easy games that anyone can play, mom dad brother sister, your girlfriend who might not be a gamer with games like wii sports etc.

ITs a smart move.

Comment

Wii and 360

P.S Haha PS3 is last

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Their idea is to get more people invovled, not only are they apealing to the hardcore gamers with games like zelda, metriod, and mario. They are adding easy games that anyone can play, mom dad brother sister, your girlfriend who might not be a gamer with games like wii sports etc.

ITs a smart move.
        I thin kthey can do it to. My girlfriend came over (not computer or video game oriented at all) and we played my old NES. She could play it because it was simple and fun, something I hope the Wii will achieve as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
          I never really understand why people say the Xbox 360 is just an "upgraded" version of the Xbox and there isn't that much difference. It's much more than that...
          Well, I think it's because people compare it with the Wii. Since the Wii has such a huge jump, it makes the 360's jumps look like nothing.

It's how the mind works.

Comment

Did you totally miss E3?
            No I certainly did not. I couldn't attend this year but caught all the action online..Anyway what's your point?

My point was that I personally didn't like the concept of Wii' controller. The idea is nothing new and has been done in the past, without much success. IF Nintendo can improve the technology and actually make it work well then it'll have a chance...

ITs a smart move.
            This is nothing new with Nintendo, but I wouldn't call their audience hardcore gamers...
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

No I certainly did not. I couldn't attend this year but caught all the action online..Anyway what's your point?

My point was that I personally didn't like the concept of Wii' controller. The idea is nothing new and has been done in the past, without much success. IF Nintendo can improve the technology and actually make it work well then it'll have a chance...

This is nothing new with Nintendo, but I wouldn't call their audience hardcore gamers...
              Games like Red Steel, Resident Evil, Metriod are not for hardcore gamers?

Comment

Touch sensors aren't really innovative to me. Innovative is that Nintendo spoof console we saw in that spoof video a while ago, where you could make games and it could render like a million of the Mario64 Castle environments at one time.

Comment

Its not touch senstive, its 3d aware, as in you move the controler upwards, the system on screen reacts, its also a pointer as well.

Comment

Blah, I meant motion sensing, sorry.

Comment

There is a tilt sensor, which isn't much new in the nunchuck attachment, which sony copied into the PS3 controlers, but the main wiimote is 3daware.

Comment

Games like Red Steel, Resident Evil, Metriod are not for hardcore gamers?
                        RE, definitely. Heck RE4 for the GC was a nearly perfect game in all aspects.
                        Red Steel (although in general, FPS on consoles are far from great. Please spare me and don't get into the few exceptions like Perfect Dark, Halo, 007, GRAW, etc. Hardcore gamers know the best way to play a FPS & RTS are mouse + keyboard)
                        The new Metroid look promising, but I can't say the same for other games for wii such as Elebits, The Ant Bully, WarioWare, etc etc.
                        I understand they are focuing on all audiences, but as usual, they are catering more so to the younger audience and that right there doesn't do it for me...Definitely not hardcore gamers.
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

RE, definitely. Heck RE4 for the GC was a nearly perfect game in all aspects.
                          Red Steel (although in general, FPS on consoles are far from great. Please spare me and don't get into the few exceptions like Perfect Dark, Halo, 007, GRAW, etc. Hardcore gamers know the best way to play a FPS & RTS are mouse + keyboard)
                          The new Metroid look promising, but I can't say the same for other games for wii such as Elebits, The Ant Bully, WarioWare, etc etc.
                          I understand they are focuing on all audiences, but as usual, they are catering more so to the younger audience and that right there doesn't do it for me...Definitely not hardcore gamers.
                          Have you played any of the wario ware games? Have you played SSBM ? Non-Hardcore gamers don't invest 2000 hours into a game

Mario games are only only fun but require some serious dedication to beat.

Hardcore gamers like fun games too

Comment

Have you played any of the wario ware games? Have you played SSBM ? Non-Hardcore gamers don't invest 2000 hours into a game

Mario games are only only fun but require some serious dedication to beat.

Hardcore gamers like fun games too
                            Hehe, if you say so

I guess I'll agree that we disagree
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

I think I'll definatly be picking up an Xbox 360 this summer. I had an Xbox, a PS2 and a GC from the old lot and the only console that stayed connected the whole time was the Xbox.

I'm not going to make the mistake of going for a PS3 or a Nintendo console again. Metroid and Zelda were great but you can't buy a console for two games. Likewise the GTA series really was the only real reason to get a PS2, most of the other games were just mass produced rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent
                                I think I'll definatly be picking up an Xbox 360 this summer. I had an Xbox, a PS2 and a GC from the old lot and the only console that stayed connected the whole time was the Xbox.

I'm not going to make the mistake of going for a PS3 or a Nintendo console again. Metroid and Zelda were great but you can't buy a console for two games. Likewise the GTA series really was the only real reason to get a PS2, most of the other games were just mass produced rubbish.
                                So, you totally avoided the tons of other great games on both the PS2 and the gamecube? Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Onimusha, SSBM, Chibi-robo, Crazy Taxi, f-zero gx, Mario Kart DD, Sonic Adventure, and I've not started on any of the PS2 games. Which is where most of my collection lies.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X