Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little 'insight'..... Can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little 'insight'..... Can anyone help?

(Mods, admin, if this isn't an appropriate thread here, feel free to delete it, but I'd appreciate a PM with any info you can provide)

I figure since the forum I have the question about is a VBulletin forum, maybe someone here can help me out....

I'm having problems getting my account/posts deleted on another forum. I emailed the ADMIN of the forum asking to have my account deleted as well as all of my posts, since I don't visit the forum anymore and don't want my personal posts somewhere I don't belong to anymore. I emailed him like 3 times polietely asking him to do this before he put "Banned" under my username... I didn't ask him to ban me, I asked him to delete me. I've since emailed him another 3-5 times asking him to completely REMOVE me from his site, that I didn't feel comfortable with MY posts on his site. He has never responded back and it seems he's ignoring my request.

Is there ANYTHING I can do? I know it's possible to do (I searched the VBulletin boards) and he's known to be an a**hole, so maybe he's not deleting me just to screw with me. Does anyone know if there's anything I can 'threaten' him with (legal action, ect)? Thanks....
    Last edited by GreenFields; Thu 11 May '06, 4:32pm.

Not much you can do, its his/her site and the content really belongs to them.. You could ask nicely again to have your posts removed, but from the sounds of it, that isnt really getting you anywhere...
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I won't delete all the posts of users that have left my sites either. Many admins won't do it.

Comment

Thanks... I figured I was pretty much SOL but wanted to make sure...

I can understand NOT deleting the posts from users that left your site, but if someone ASKS for them to be deleted, I don't see what the big problem is

Comment

Originally posted by GreenFields
          Thanks... I figured I was pretty much SOL but wanted to make sure...

I can understand NOT deleting the posts from users that left your site, but if someone ASKS for them to be deleted, I don't see what the big problem is
          In my opinion it messes up the flow of every thread you ever posted in for anybody that reads it in the future, especially if you were the one to start the thread, or if somebody else in the thread is specifically talking to you and your post is gone.

Even if your posts were all deleted, any quotes of them would still remain.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X