X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa1
    replied
    Yes, I am aware of that.

BTW: I found very nice php link directory software, that has more features than phplinkdirectory; WSN

Like most link directories, WSN it's integration with vbulletin is very basic: just login.

If anyone has suggestions for other link directories, then please add them.

Leave a comment:

• dvduval
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
    Looks good I may buy the script myself, Is it like a topsite script as I purchased a topsite script before and it cost me £100+ here http://www.evo-dev.com/products/evotopsites/ and within 6month they no not update the script.
    phpLD has had regular updates for the life of the software. The last one was January 2008 (and this was approximately the 15th update). The next one should be in the Spring, or possibly Summer.

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
    I have been researching link directory software and found Arelis (IPB) to be far superior to other software for automizing the task of finding link partners, emailing them and managing them. I have been using it for years. But since it is desktop software and generates static html pages, it lacks dynamic features like bad link reports by members, adding new links by members, crons, etc. It would be optimal to tie Arelis to php reciprocal link directory software. Arelis creates xml's so export from Arelis to other software should work well.

To give you an idea.

Just be careful about going overboard with reciprocal link exchanges. That can backfire. If you only exchange with very high quality sites, it should be okay, but I just want to mention that often people fall into the trap of exchanging links with far too many sites for the seo benefits. For example, I knew one person that ended up losing his rankings because they were exchanging the same links across 17 sites. It's not the software that causes problems in most cases. It is how you use it.

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    I have been researching link directory software and found Arelis (IPB) to be far superior to other software for automizing the task of finding link partners, emailing them and managing them. I have been using it for years. But since it is desktop software and generates static html pages, it lacks dynamic features like bad link reports by members, adding new links by members, crons, etc. It would be optimal to tie Arelis to php reciprocal link directory software. Arelis creates xml's so export from Arelis to other software should work well.

To give you an idea.

Features:
    • Smart internet searching robot.
    • Automates the task of finding reciprocal link partner sites.
    • Finds web sites that link to your competitors.
    • Finds web sites by keyword search.
    • Finds web sites that already link to you.
    • Filters pre-screen potential link partners.
    • Manages an unlimited number of link partners, categories and sub categories.
    • Built in email filter warns you if your email message might be filtered.
    • Select search engines, countries, domains, categories, filters and status texts when finding new link partners.
    • Quick access to Alexa, AllTheWeb URL information, including access to the whois database, and Yahoo! directory listings for a potential link partner.
    • Email client with customizable email templates to help you manage the task of contacting potential link partners.
    • Creates fully customizable link pages or directories that match your web site's look and feel.
    • Automatically checks outgoing links on your link directory pages.
    • Automatically checks if your partner web sites still link to you.
    • Import links manually, from web page, from Zeus directory, file that has been exported by Arelis, and links from another project.
    • Export partner lists as HTML, text file, or Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
    • Arrange partner list by URL, link text, status, links back, category, subcategory and link order.
    • You can now exchange or combine Arelis projects between your home computer and your work computer, or between you and your employees.
    • Check partner request emails against common email filters.
    Last edited by Alfa1; Mon 14 Apr '08, 2:02am.

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    Originally posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
    Php Link Directory from http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/
    Looks good I may buy the script myself, Is it like a topsite script as I purchased a topsite script before and it cost me £100+ here http://www.evo-dev.com/products/evotopsites/ and within 6month they no not update the script.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Thanks dvduval, the first one is most important for me, as that ties everything in together, eg 'advertising' members would be able to get access to a hidden forum if I wanted etc.

Basically paid subscriptions in vB work where you can set up 'products', how long they should be active for, and what happens if someone takes one out.

In this case, we would promote them to a new usergroup, and then only allow that usergroups listings in the directory to show (so when their subscription expires so does their ad).

Any chance you can get this sorted?

Leave a comment:

• dvduval
    replied
    Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
    Thanks - that's good to know

Does the mod work with vB subscriptions? So can be set to 'only' show listings for those that have a current vB subscription?

Can it show 'premium entries' at the top of listings?

Can it show entries 'randomly' (which makes it fairer)

Cheers!
    For the first question, I would need to learn more about this topic.
    For the second two, the answer is "yes" within phpLD. Otherwise, in vB we would just need to build a query for you.

Thanks for your interest!

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Originally posted by dvduval View Post
    No, both the tpl and php files can be edited.
    Thanks - that's good to know

Does the mod work with vB subscriptions? So can be set to 'only' show listings for those that have a current vB subscription?

Can it show 'premium entries' at the top of listings?

Can it show entries 'randomly' (which makes it fairer)

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• dvduval
    replied
    Is phpLD encoded at all?
    No, both the tpl and php files can be edited.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Is phpLD encoded at all?

Leave a comment:

• dvduval
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    Thanks for your reply but I already sold the project I needed the script for.
    Understood. Sounds like a good thing.

There are quite a few directory/link directory products out there now... however there isn't one single yellow pages type directory!! If you can do one of those tied in with vB subs that would do pretty well...
    phpLD has the ability to turn on address listings, which then display google maps of those addresses on the detail pages. We also have a vBulletin integration mod where vB users can be logged into phpLD too, and submit links, listins (ex. yellow pages) and articles.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    You know, I'm still tossing and turning over whether to release the script I used on TECKReviews as a product. That was the original plan when building the site but it evolved so much into something custom that it'd take a couple of weeks to migrate it back to a standard product that everyone could use.
    There are quite a few directory/link directory products out there now... however there isn't one single yellow pages type directory!! If you can do one of those tied in with vB subs that would do pretty well...

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    self coding is everytime the best
    so you get what you need^^

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Thanks for your reply but I already sold the project I needed the script for.

Leave a comment:

• dvduval
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    Php Link Directory does look good but I can't afford a $100 script right now especially because I don't know if I am going to get some money off that project on the long run.
    Sorry to reply late to this topic, but I found it in a search. You said you can't afford $100. PHP Link Directory has a free version, and then the paid version is either $25 or $75.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    I took some scripts to a test over the last days and I found that it is easier to write a script on my own so that is what I am going to do now.

Php Link Directory does look good but I can't afford a $100 script right now especially because I don't know if I am going to get some money off that project on the long run.

My own script will be based on a template system I wrote some time ago and the rest of the functions will be from phpclasses.org which is a pretty good archive of useful classes and functions.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X