PHP Link Directory software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvduval View Post
    No, both the tpl and php files can be edited.
    Thanks - that's good to know

Does the mod work with vB subscriptions? So can be set to 'only' show listings for those that have a current vB subscription?

Can it show 'premium entries' at the top of listings?

Can it show entries 'randomly' (which makes it fairer)

Cheers!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
      Thanks - that's good to know

Does the mod work with vB subscriptions? So can be set to 'only' show listings for those that have a current vB subscription?

Can it show 'premium entries' at the top of listings?

Can it show entries 'randomly' (which makes it fairer)

Cheers!
      For the first question, I would need to learn more about this topic.
      For the second two, the answer is "yes" within phpLD. Otherwise, in vB we would just need to build a query for you.

Thanks for your interest!
      PHP Link Directory

Comment

Thanks dvduval, the first one is most important for me, as that ties everything in together, eg 'advertising' members would be able to get access to a hidden forum if I wanted etc.

Basically paid subscriptions in vB work where you can set up 'products', how long they should be active for, and what happens if someone takes one out.

In this case, we would promote them to a new usergroup, and then only allow that usergroups listings in the directory to show (so when their subscription expires so does their ad).

Any chance you can get this sorted?
        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
          Php Link Directory from http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/
          Looks good I may buy the script myself, Is it like a topsite script as I purchased a topsite script before and it cost me 100+ here http://www.evo-dev.com/products/evotopsites/ and within 6month they no not update the script.

Comment

I have been researching link directory software and found Arelis (IPB) to be far superior to other software for automizing the task of finding link partners, emailing them and managing them. I have been using it for years. But since it is desktop software and generates static html pages, it lacks dynamic features like bad link reports by members, adding new links by members, crons, etc. It would be optimal to tie Arelis to php reciprocal link directory software. Arelis creates xml's so export from Arelis to other software should work well.

To give you an idea.

Features:
            • Smart internet searching robot.
            • Automates the task of finding reciprocal link partner sites.
            • Finds web sites that link to your competitors.
            • Finds web sites by keyword search.
            • Finds web sites that already link to you.
            • Filters pre-screen potential link partners.
            • Manages an unlimited number of link partners, categories and sub categories.
            • Built in email filter warns you if your email message might be filtered.
            • Select search engines, countries, domains, categories, filters and status texts when finding new link partners.
            • Quick access to Alexa, AllTheWeb URL information, including access to the whois database, and Yahoo! directory listings for a potential link partner.
            • Email client with customizable email templates to help you manage the task of contacting potential link partners.
            • Creates fully customizable link pages or directories that match your web site's look and feel.
            • Automatically checks outgoing links on your link directory pages.
            • Automatically checks if your partner web sites still link to you.
            • Import links manually, from web page, from Zeus directory, file that has been exported by Arelis, and links from another project.
            • Export partner lists as HTML, text file, or Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
            • Arrange partner list by URL, link text, status, links back, category, subcategory and link order.
            • You can now exchange or combine Arelis projects between your home computer and your work computer, or between you and your employees.
            • Check partner request emails against common email filters.
            Last edited by Alfa1; Mon 14th Apr '08, 2:02am.
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
              Looks good I may buy the script myself, Is it like a topsite script as I purchased a topsite script before and it cost me 100+ here http://www.evo-dev.com/products/evotopsites/ and within 6month they no not update the script.
              phpLD has had regular updates for the life of the software. The last one was January 2008 (and this was approximately the 15th update). The next one should be in the Spring, or possibly Summer.

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
              I have been researching link directory software and found Arelis (IPB) to be far superior to other software for automizing the task of finding link partners, emailing them and managing them. I have been using it for years. But since it is desktop software and generates static html pages, it lacks dynamic features like bad link reports by members, adding new links by members, crons, etc. It would be optimal to tie Arelis to php reciprocal link directory software. Arelis creates xml's so export from Arelis to other software should work well.

To give you an idea.

Just be careful about going overboard with reciprocal link exchanges. That can backfire. If you only exchange with very high quality sites, it should be okay, but I just want to mention that often people fall into the trap of exchanging links with far too many sites for the seo benefits. For example, I knew one person that ended up losing his rankings because they were exchanging the same links across 17 sites. It's not the software that causes problems in most cases. It is how you use it.
              PHP Link Directory

Comment

Yes, I am aware of that.

BTW: I found very nice php link directory software, that has more features than phplinkdirectory; WSN

Like most link directories, WSN it's integration with vbulletin is very basic: just login.

If anyone has suggestions for other link directories, then please add them.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X