PHP Link Directory software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Link Directory software

I am in need of a PHP based Link directory software. It should be open-source and use MySQL as an backend aswell as proving the standard features.

Do you know any good scripts?
    That's the end of that!

I had the same with my site and went for the well suggested vbadvanced one .. but it just doesn't do what i expected and i required to rewrite quite a bit of it to get it work like i expected.

Comment

I forgot to mention: It has nothing to do with vBulletin and it must be a standalone script.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Php Link Directory from http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/
        TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

You know, I'm still tossing and turning over whether to release the script I used on TECKReviews as a product. That was the original plan when building the site but it evolved so much into something custom that it'd take a couple of weeks to migrate it back to a standard product that everyone could use.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I've been recently extensively searching for the best directory scripts out there. So far I found that phpMyDirectory & eSyndiCat are the two best ones.Both of them are open source, PHP/MySQL based & they're commercial scripts. In my opinion phpMyDirectory is much btter than eSyndiCat & it's the top leader of directory scripts.

@ Floris - What did you want it to look like? Were you looking for design implementing or new features that need to be added? I do agree with you that vBA Link Directory needs more working on it.
            Last edited by simsim; Wed 10th May '06, 6:37pm.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

I would like it to be links.php inside the forum dir, and not be a seperate links/ dir..
              that's one thing

Comment

I took some scripts to a test over the last days and I found that it is easier to write a script on my own so that is what I am going to do now.

Php Link Directory does look good but I can't afford a $100 script right now especially because I don't know if I am going to get some money off that project on the long run.

My own script will be based on a template system I wrote some time ago and the rest of the functions will be from phpclasses.org which is a pretty good archive of useful classes and functions.
                That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                  Php Link Directory does look good but I can't afford a $100 script right now especially because I don't know if I am going to get some money off that project on the long run.
                  Sorry to reply late to this topic, but I found it in a search. You said you can't afford $100. PHP Link Directory has a free version, and then the paid version is either $25 or $75.
                  PHP Link Directory

Comment

Thanks for your reply but I already sold the project I needed the script for.
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

self coding is everytime the best
                      so you get what you need^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                        You know, I'm still tossing and turning over whether to release the script I used on TECKReviews as a product. That was the original plan when building the site but it evolved so much into something custom that it'd take a couple of weeks to migrate it back to a standard product that everyone could use.
                        There are quite a few directory/link directory products out there now... however there isn't one single yellow pages type directory!! If you can do one of those tied in with vB subs that would do pretty well...
                        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                          Thanks for your reply but I already sold the project I needed the script for.
                          Understood. Sounds like a good thing.

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                          There are quite a few directory/link directory products out there now... however there isn't one single yellow pages type directory!! If you can do one of those tied in with vB subs that would do pretty well...
                          phpLD has the ability to turn on address listings, which then display google maps of those addresses on the detail pages. We also have a vBulletin integration mod where vB users can be logged into phpLD too, and submit links, listins (ex. yellow pages) and articles.
                          PHP Link Directory

Comment

Is phpLD encoded at all?
                            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                              Is phpLD encoded at all?
                              No, both the tpl and php files can be edited.
                              PHP Link Directory

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X