• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, that's really expensive.
    Good that I'm a Nintendo fan, so I actually don't want it
    *Insert text here* :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ogden2k
      Meh. I can run nintendo emulated games on my un-hacked Xbox 360 via MCE XP.
      Uh, yea, the Wii ones? I'm sure.

Comment

Now I think all of the next-generation consoles suck.

Xbox 360: Unreliable, no truly innovative games or games I can't play on my PC (for $10 cheaper), no next-generation DVD support, no digital video output, $399 required for a usable system.

PS3: No controller vibration, HDMI excluded for absolutely no reason on base system, expensive (but necessary due to Blu-Ray and the graphics hardware), pseudo-vaporware.

Wii: Stupid name, vaporware, very underpowered compared to next-generation consoles (and yes, I know why: Nintendo thinks they'll compete with an innovative controller and old games but it will fail and go the way of Sega).

Only reasons I'd get a PS3 and Xbox 360: Price reduction for both; PS3: Killzone (if it matches the E3 2005 demo) and Gran Turismo (but with no controller vibration, what's the point); for Xbox 360: Halo 3 and continuation of Burnout series.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Wii: Stupid name, vaporware, very underpowered compared to next-generation consoles (and yes, I know why: Nintendo thinks they'll compete with an innovative controller and old games but it will fail and go the way of Sega).
          Vaporware? All I have to say on that is lol.

Comment

Ohoho its very expensive

Comment

I think Kutaragi is in for a shock. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706133p1.html
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                Uh, yea, the Wii ones? I'm sure.
                I did not say Wii games, what I ment was NES, SNES, N64.

Comment

I'm slightly bugged that it looks the same (I'm not even touching the subject of the price) as the PlayStation 2. I mean, for that price I'd think they'd toss a little of their resources on a new look.
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
                    I'm slightly bugged that it looks the same (I'm not even touching the subject of the price) as the PlayStation 2. I mean, for that price I'd think they'd toss a little of their resources on a new look.
                    I could care less. If I were to game, I wouldn't spend more than 5 seconds looking at my console to load a game. Still don't know why MS choose to go with white being that 99% of home stero components are black.

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                      I could care less. If I were to game, I wouldn't spend more than 5 seconds looking at my console to load a game. Still don't know why MS choose to go with white being that 99% of home stero components are black.
                      Which is why if you applied that mindset for your company which made a console, you would fail.

Companies invest enormous sums of money and time into the design of a console, and the appearance is actually very important.

And the solution to you 360 problem is simple – use a different faceplate.
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                        Doesn't change the body whereas the PS3 and Gamecube come in different pseudo-colors.

I personally don't care. My receiver is black, the speakers are brushed aluminum and chrome, my DVD player is silver, my TV is silver-gray, my Xbox is black (blue if you count the comforting blue glow of the Xecuter logo), my Gamecube is black by choice, and my TiVo is gray and silver.
                        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                          Which is why if you applied that mindset for your company which made a console, you would fail.

Companies invest enormous sums of money and time into the design of a console, and the appearance is actually very important.

I was commenting on a personal level. I understand that style and design matter, but its really silly if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            Vaporware? All I have to say on that is lol.
                            My thoughts exactly. Ther are 27 playable games on the E3 floor for the Wii.

Comment

$599 , wow thats crazy...
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

People are forgetting one big facter when putting the cut of the ps3 up with the 360.

The PS3 as Blu-Ray
                                The 360 does not have HD-DVD but will have via a addon at a cost, what at a guess will be around £150-£200

360 Premium = £280 (No HD-DVD and only 20GB harddrive)
                                PS3 Premium = around £340 ($599 is £319 right now) Comes with Blu-Ray and 60GB harddrive

So infact the 360 would cost more if it had HD-DVD and 60GB harddrive.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X