I just bought an IPB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought an IPB

Since vbulletin got all kinds of weird taxes on their board, i decided that my second forum should be based on invision power board (my first board is still vbulletin).

I am really impressed with it. But there is a lot of things that i miss from vbulletin.

For instance the language editor sux! you have to manually look through a whole language file in order to find what you need.

But on the other hand, you can search in the admin cp for settings, which makes it way easy to find what you need to change.

lets see how this works out.. i still like my vbulletin though.
    My site
    www.coolservice.dk

Weird taxes ?
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Yes, weird taxes? The VAT is the only tax thing there, and it only applies to UK residents I believe.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I would have just paid it since you're familiar with the software

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
          Yes, weird taxes? The VAT is the only tax thing there, and it only applies to UK residents I believe.
          It applies to all EU member countries.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
            It applies to all EU residents I believe.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer81
              Since vbulletin got all kinds of weird taxes on their board, i decided that my second forum should be based on invision power board (my first board is still vbulletin).

I am really impressed with it. But there is a lot of things that i miss from vbulletin.

For instance the language editor sux! you have to manually look through a whole language file in order to find what you need.

But on the other hand, you can search in the admin cp for settings, which makes it way easy to find what you need to change.

lets see how this works out.. i still like my vbulletin though.
              vBulletin collects VAT because it is required to do so for any residents of a county where VAT applies.

Comment

Have fun with your IPB forum!

Remember, you can always come back to vBulletin -- our impex software is free for download to licensed members and come with free professional support. IPB converts are of course supported.

Comment

After you have gotten familiar with IPB you need to write an article for The Admin Zone comparing the IPB 2.1.6 and vB 3.5.4.

Comment

How much is IPB?? Not that i would ever think of buying it, just curious..
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                      How much is IPB?? Not that i would ever think of buying it, just curious..
                      https://www.invisionpower.com/custom...shop_cat=1,3,4

Comment

$60.00 just for the MS-SQL Driver ,, thats crazy..
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

heh, without the VAT vB is actually cheaper..

surprising from my perspective

Comment

vBulletin has been the same price since launch.

Comment

vBulletin is only $3.00USD more with VAT (160.00USD x 17.5% VAT) = approximately 188USD
                              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X