Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my Microsoft CD'S and Lisense numbers are in my desk locked up. Though sometimes I loose my key.

Thanks for the update Joe, I will also point a-few friends to this thread. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chousho
      I take it that a system restore won't get rid of it
      Nothing fdisk /mbr can't fix

Comment

Originally posted by Ritterz
        All my Microsoft CD'S and Lisense numbers are in my desk locked up. Though sometimes I loose my key.

Thanks for the update Joe, I will also point a-few friends to this thread. lol.
        No problem, keep your keys in a safe place, you definately dont want to lose those Ben...
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by gearshifter47
          i don't post very often but I did happen to notice this thread. For any of you looking to possibly make the switch from windows, ubuntu is a great first linux for anyone. Every version they seem to make everything almost automatic. Wireless is no longer a big hassle, almost everything is plug and play. Linux as come a LONG way.

Jason
          The only thing that kept me from moving from Windows -> Linux was that my D-Link DWL-122 wireless adapters weren't detected. If Ubuntu can detect them, then I would switch for good.
          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
            The only thing that kept me from moving from Windows -> Linux was that my D-Link DWL-122 wireless adapters weren't detected. If Ubuntu can detect them, then I would switch for good.
            With ndiswrapper, you can use the Windows drivers in Linux. Not for the faint of heart but my understanding is that the next version of Ubuntu will have a graphical tool to help aid the process.
            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              Nothing fdisk /mbr can't fix

Your thinking of Windows 9x there Floris, there is no fdisk in XP...
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                Yes Floris it is the same update, Windows Genuine Advantage update...
                It was developed and tested in late March, and is just starting to cause alot of problems for users this week, as it is forcing many users to install it.
                But then again if the people have a legal "activated copy of XP", they have nothing to worry about, and will not run into the Nag issues, and issues with being unable to use some Windows Programs, and access to Windows update..
                I have a problem with it. I can't stand that its forcing me to reboot every time it installs an update (I still remember those horrid days of an age gone by where you had to reboot after every single install of anything).

Yes, that is actually keeping me from installing windows updates.
                A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Never liked XP other than driver support.

It's not stable @ all under the pressure I put it under. Win2k PRO / Server on most of my systems. XP is great for the standard end-user.
                  http://www.szone.us | http://www.gzhq.net
                  Twitter | Facebook | My:Hacks @ vBulletin.org
                  Member of Kiwanis Club of Chatsworth

Comment

Me Either.

Changing to linux soon anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Biker~
                      Me Either.

Changing to linux soon anyway.
                      Have fun installing a Linksys wireless card on it. Took me an hour to get mine working in ubuntu today, only after following the instructions of someone who was in the same boat as me. Even now it's not auto-detecting the hardware properly.
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                        Your thinking of Windows 9x there Floris, there is no fdisk in XP...
                        There is chdsk, or is it something entirely different?

Comment

• Originally posted by TruthElixirX
                          There is chdsk, or is it something entirely different?
                          Yes, chkdsk is for performing disk cleanups, checking for bad sectors, checks index files in NTFS Volumes etc,
                          You can also set a path for it to dump a logfile of the results..

fdisk is mostly used for partitioning "In Windows 9x", but it has other functions in Windows 9x as well...
                          It is more widely used on linux systems, in other ways.
                          I'm no linux expert, so i am not sure exactly what those options are.
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean C
                            Have fun installing a Linksys wireless card on it. Took me an hour to get mine working in ubuntu today, only after following the instructions of someone who was in the same boat as me. Even now it's not auto-detecting the hardware properly.
                            i'v set up many operating systems , I'm normaly the guy who you say "hey come round my house and fix my pc" or "hey can you come round my house my computer is totaly messed up and it wont do anything at all wont even start" etc, so hardly anything will be hard at all for me

Comment

i'v set up many operating systems , I'm normaly the guy who you say "hey come round my house and fix my pc" or "hey can you come round my house my computer is totaly messed up and it wont do anything at all wont even start" etc, so hardly anything will be hard at all for me
                              http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost...84&postcount=7

Still not a pretty solution.
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I get that alot myself.. It is none stop some weeks..
                                At least they pay me for my time, which is good..

Unless it's a close friend, then i dont accept any money from them..
                                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X