Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A note to persons running illegal copies of Windows XP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Jedito
    This not even going to happen, most of the Windows XP system on the world are piracy copies, if MS do something like this, is in someway going to force to all those people to migrate to linux, and that's something that MS does not want to do.
    That is nonsense.
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

    Comment


    • #62
      Agreed..
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

      Comment


      • #63
        Linux anyone? I am sooooo very tired of the attempts to stop piracy, stop the virus attacks, stop the spamming, stop the pop ups with Winders attempts to update this file now and today you have to install this, stop this, then clean this and turn on this to hinder that... I have now switched to PCLinux and cannot believe how cool and simple it is. I spend less time worrying and now actually enjoy my system once again. No, it is not totally free from attacks but compared to Windows.... pfft.
        Seriously, you can download a "Live CD" which allows you to boot to the PCLinux OS without installing the OS to run, test and do what you want to see what it can and cannot do before installing. GREAT stuff.
        Good luck with Windows, "I don't do Windows" anymore!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by C_P
          Linux anyone? I am sooooo very tired of the attempts to stop piracy, stop the virus attacks, stop the spamming, stop the pop ups with Winders attempts to update this file now and today you have to install this, stop this, then clean this and turn on this to hinder that... I have now switched to PCLinux and cannot believe how cool and simple it is. I spend less time worrying and now actually enjoy my system once again. No, it is not totally free from attacks but compared to Windows.... pfft.
          Seriously, you can download a "Live CD" which allows you to boot to the PCLinux OS without installing the OS to run, test and do what you want to see what it can and cannot do before installing. GREAT stuff.
          Good luck with Windows, "I don't do Windows" anymore!
          If linux was half as easy as windows is, and half as user friendly, and had a half decent xwindows interface, everyone would probally jump ship. But it doesn't come close on any of those points.

          Comment


          • #65
            Really? Have you tried PCLinux? Not sure how easy you are referring too?

            Comment


            • #66
              I've run Lindows, Linspire, Gentoo, FC, and a host of other falvors, nothing comes close to windows as far as ease of use and avaiblity of programs.

              Comment


              • #67
                I like linux too, but it will never come close to what Windows can do.
                My fav distro is fedora for workstation and Redhat linux enterprise version 3 & 4 for Server based, then again i always use to run Redhat years ago..
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

                Comment


                • #68
                  Nothing wrong with either linux or windows for server needs, just depends on your specific needs.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Jedito
                    This not even going to happen, most of the Windows XP system on the world are piracy copies, if MS do something like this, is in someway going to force to all those people to migrate to linux, and that's something that MS does not want to do.
                    Somehow I'm guessing there are more corporate users of Windows XP than home users, and most companies pay for their copies.

                    Plus Linux, so many years later, is still not even close to be ready for mainstream desktop use. What are you going to do, compile your security updates?
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by filburt1

                      Plus Linux, so many years later, is still not even close to be ready for mainstream desktop use. What are you going to do, compile your security updates?
                      lol, good one
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Well guess what!!! This morning my notebook would not start any Microsoft programs and I could not connect to the internet. No browsers would start up. Everything seemed dead. I had not installed the Microsoft advantage update yet. The yellow update shield only appears every 3 reboots. So I thought ok lets see if I can run the update. Bingo! Now everything works!?

                        So the only thing I could run on my notebook was the update for Microsoft and not even uninstall would show any programs and no email working either.

                        now thats just plain weird?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          When will everyone releaize that the world will never ever be filled with justice, no matter where you go, you see people using illegal copies of things, you see people getting murdered, etc, etc. When will everyone relaise it?!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Xtreme Pain
                            When will everyone releaize that the world will never ever be filled with justice, no matter where you go, you see people using illegal copies of things, you see people getting murdered, etc, etc. When will everyone relaise it?!
                            You've obviously never been to Disneyland.
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Every time anything like this happens, the pro-Linux mob turn out in force to predict a mass-migration of users from Windows to Linux. And every time it doesn't happen.

                              Fac it people, Linux is totally useless for the average user. Windows, you install it and go. Linux, you install it, decompile this, unzip that, log in to the command line and type some hieroglyphics, please don't expect your modem/printer/scanner to work because "this is the open source community now" etc etc etc. Total cobblers! Ordinary people do not WANT all this "geek-chic" stuff, much as it may seem glamourous to the geeks themselves, all people want is something that works and is easy to use. Windows is, Linux isn't. Simple as that.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Not sure anyone is predicting anything here... Nostradamus died several years ago...It seems to me there is obviously an misconception of Linux and the Linux builds around here... there is more out there than Windows people and again I ask "Really? Have you tried PCLinux?" I have compiled nothing, IF any security update is needed (which is quite rare) you download it and install it from the INCLUDED package manager (SHHhhh Linux does not require you to pay for anything you want to install). I have run a command or possibly even two. But I think most Windows users probably have run more commands than I have on PCLinux.
                                BUT, hey, please go back to your defragging, cleaning your "registries" scanning for virus', running your Firewalls, and don't forget the massive adware programs, utilities to adjust Windows, and please don't forget to run your scan disk to for bad clusters cuz God knows if you have those defragging bad cluster sucking virus riddled, left over registry file and folder clean ups... BUT, don't worry, the inevitable freeze up and Windows reboot should fix that right up.
                                Maybe it is a good thing there are those still using Windows, keeps the PCLinux users free of the crap that Windows and it's users bring in. pffft
                                Last edited by C_P; Tue 9 May '06, 7:49pm.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X