This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filburt1
    Does it apply to my (legitimate) Windows Server 2003 installation?
    Good question, i havent checked into that yet. I will have to let you know..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Took them long enough.

Comment

Other than that notice what else does it do? And I have no doubt that people will still manage to crack whatever this does and get around it
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

FWIW, my Windows XP desktop saw the update (two of them like listed here) but my Windows Server 2003 didn't see either.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
            Other than that notice what else does it do? And I have no doubt that people will still manage to crack whatever this does and get around it
            It does something after download, took two minutes to install a 710kb update.

Comment

It tried to access the Internet, too. Now my desktop is waiting to restart (and pestering the hell out of me for several hours now). I don't plan to until much later because I fear it will hose my legitimate system (I bought Windows XP at my campus bookstore, and all the discs they sell print the same CD key). Also laziness.

Jesus, as I type this reply, I get this...go away! Killing its process just makes it respawn. It's probably some background service making it undead.
              Attached Files
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Mine was installed successfully on my Dell Laptop on the 26th April...
                John

Comment

I had a genuine thingy installed, but went pretty quick. I didn't get any lock or notification of a reboot. And I won't reboot for another few months for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                    It tried to access the Internet, too. Now my desktop is waiting to restart (and pestering the hell out of me for several hours now). I don't plan to until much later because I fear it will hose my legitimate system (I bought Windows XP at my campus bookstore, and all the discs they sell print the same CD key). Also laziness.

Jesus, as I type this reply, I get this...go away! Killing its process just makes it respawn. It's probably some background service making it undead.
                    There are ways to show which proc is spawned by what parent.

Comment

My computers downloaded it, but I chose not to install it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by T.S.
                        My computers downloaded it, but I chose not to install it for now.
                        No worries, Microsoft will soon force reboot your computer

Comment

i dont turn off my pc so yea....

Comment

and where is the news source for all this info? my copy is legal but i cant find any news on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Razgo
                              and where is the news source for all this info? my copy is legal but i cant find any news on this?
                              I'm sure there will be lots of news about it around tommorrow..
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

well i did find this article but it doesnt mention this not being able to reboot your pc. http://www.aviransplace.com/index.ph...he-next-level/

it just says you get a nag screen and are not able to update bu there is a work around for that too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X