Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Ok well thats good, the errors you are getting should create a .DMP file, can you find the latest dump file and email it to me..
    When you find it, PM me, and i will give you my email address to send the file too..

<----edit---->

If you have problems finding the dump file, do the following

Configure the dump type

1.Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2.Double-click System.
    3.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
    4.In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

To change the folder location for the small memory dump files, type a new path in the Dump File box (or in the Small dump directory box, depending on your version of Windows).
    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sun 7th May '06, 7:55pm.

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
    Definately a hardware problem, have you ever had a UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME Error??
    Not yet, but with the random series of errors I've been getting, seeing something like that probably isn't too far away.

However, as I stated before, the hard drives were tested and appeared fine. No problems, errors or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Definately a hardware problem, have you ever had a UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME Error??

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    We're just going to sling errors around all over the place, Joe :-).

How about this one (just encountered)

THREAD_NOT_MUTEX_OWNER

0x00000011 (0xFFFFFFFF, 0x00000000, 0x00000001, 0x00000001)

Again, this is all happening with AIM, Yahoo, Norton AV, Photoshop CS and Windows running (of course )

Not had the page fault error as of yet, not since the 3x the page file was modified.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    No problem at all, glad to help out.
    Yaa the full error code is really needed, to narrow down the exact problem.

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    I appreciate the help Joe. I am trying to get the blue screen to pop up again, though for some reason it's not wanting to (not that it's a bad thing), however, nothing has been touched.

Should it pop up again, I will write down the error code for you so and see what's happening from there.

Once again, I do appreciate your help!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    90% of the time a *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0x0000000, 0x00000000, 0x000000000, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is the result of a faulty USB device, or problem with the USB onboard..

Without the full error code i cant say it is 100%, but it's looking that way..
    I do know 100% that it is not the CPU or RAM, the error code is completely wrong..

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    The memory has been swapped out stick by stick for verification and checking, however nothing has resulted in the switch. The GPU has been switched out for another working model, however, same error.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    The last BSOD error I was getting was a hardware fault in the graphics card, the error was
    IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN

or something similar.

Try swapping out graphics card, memory, cpu if you can to check.

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    There is a Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (IntelliMouse 2.0 - Navy Blue Model 1007) attached to the USB 2.0 device which is an addition the motherboard.

Gigabyte boards come with 2 USB slots, then a 4 port adapter is optional through a PCI slot ands 2 connectors plug into the motherboard.

Nothing else is attached via USB, the keyboard is through the standard port on the motherboard.

As for the error, slightly so, although when the error (blue) screen pops up, everything quits working so I cannot click on anything to further view into the report. It's a Blue Screen -> Restart scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Ok what do you have that is USB??

Does this error look familiar??

Microsoft Windows
    The system has recovered from a serious error.
    A log of this error has been created.
    Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
    To see what data this error report contains, click here.

BCCode : 00000050 BCP1 : 0xffffffe0 BCP2 : 0x00000001 BCP3 : 0xf30da010 BCP4 : 0x00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
    Technical information:
    *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xffffffe0, 0x0x00000001, 0xf30da010, 0x00000000)
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    I don't have the extended bit in parenthesis, however, it is the 50 error.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    So your most recent error was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ??
    Do you happen to have a printscreen of the message, or can you get one using a digital cam? Or if you have the exact error msg, that would help narrow down the problem also

example:
    Error Message: STOP 0x00000050 (0xffffffe0, 0x00000001, 0xf30da010, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

It could very easily be the soundcard, it is definately a hardware problem..

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    @ Joe - The hard drives were formatted about 2-3 months ago and left to set, though the only thing installed new to this computer in the past 8 months was a new sound card (Santa Cruz from Turtle Beach).

I've never had these errors or problems before, so I am more inclined to believe it is hardware not driver related because with the exception of the nVidia drivers, the others haven't changed in lord knows how long (i.e. no vendor updates).

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Are you sure you havent installed some new hardware in the past while?? The INVALID_AFFINITY error usually only occurs due to a hardware problem, faulty hardware, or incompatible drivers.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X