Invision problems....led me to vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invision problems....led me to vbulletin

Hello all...I was a very big Invision fan. Well I started having several problems and everytime I try and get these problems fixed, it took forever! I did some research..and found out that this site with vbulletin was amazing with support. I noticed how big of a forum this place is and how good people interact with other vbulletin members.

I have a large forum with over 65,000 members 2 million + posts and feel that I no longer want to be involved with invision after 3 years. The process is going to really suck as far as converting adn everything but I feel that I will get much better responses and support here.

And yes I did pay for my license so dont worry

Invision support is HORRIBLE and I noticed that this place is just awesome so I look forward being on this forum and getting questions answered.

Hello,

Thanks for your recent purchase and we're looking forward helping you convert your community to vBuletin. You can download our impex software for free and get free support with it. Here is our online manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Welcome to the vb community.

Comment

Welcome to the vBulletin community.

I was also an invision supporter until they took away the free version of their board which they repeatedly said would always be free. It is not that I am cheap, I just didn't want to do business with liars. Now I own a vBulletin license and am very happy with it.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin forums. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I was also running on IPB but I didn't like it -- I bought vBulletin then. Never look back!

Comment

Most people still do business with Microsoft after Bill Gates lied by saying that 640 KB of RAM is enough for anyone.

Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
            Most people still do business with Microsoft after Bill Gates lied by saying that 640 KB of RAM is enough for anyone.

I believe Bill Gates' claim of that quote just being a false internet rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by T.S.
              I believe Bill Gates' claim of that quote just being a false internet rumor.
              I blame Al Gore

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz

At the time I'm sure it was enough but Bill Gates can't control how technology grows.

Comment

Originally posted by harmor
                  At the time I'm sure it was enough but Bill Gates can't control how technology grows.
                  Just like businesses can't give away free software forever.
                  Forums

Comment

they could of kept version 1 free and charged for 2.0

the difference is that invision knew full well they would have to charge at some point. They just wanted everyone to be their beta testers.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                      Just like businesses can't give away free software forever.
                      Thats exactly why invision had to remove their free-for-life update option. lol

oh btw, welcome ibuddy to our humble community. We are bunch of jobless vBulletin fans.
                      www.christianforumsite.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Talk about bumping an old thread >_<. Dont people look at the posting dates before responding?

Comment

you are right. I might have bumped into this one while i was doing a search. lol.
                          www.christianforumsite.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X