• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Haakon

• Haakon
    replied
    Strange techno and pop-rock for me:
    Patchwork; Sandman; Plastikman; Autechre; Saafi Brothers, someone heard of these?

And Faith No More, Motorpsycho, Stone Temple Pilots and other pop-rock bands on the radio.
    Haakon
    Last edited by Haakon; Mon 28 May '01, 12:19pm.

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I just prefer Dido...no Eminem... *shutter* Its bad enough that he's from Michigan (where I'm from - or should I say soon to not be from )...

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Brown

• Nicholas Brown
    replied
    Dido + Eminem

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe
    RockerGrrl, iirc you sing in a band, correct? Does anyone else play any instruments or sing
    Well I use to play in a band... the band that I was in, went defunct shortly after I found out I was pregnant with my now 15 month old son. I told them I wasn't going to sing with them anymore - because I didn't want to put my body in the bar scene - smoking, drinking, and God knows what else... They understood. But I was one of the lead singers -- so without our harmonies, it didn't last (and add to the fact that there were creative difference with the main lead singer and the lead guitarist and his wife the "backup singer" (who couldn't sing on key if she tried lol).

Anyways... I play the guitar - acoustic and electric (10 years) , the piano (11 years), the trumpet (10 years - but probably suck now), the clarinet (same as trumpet - I suck).

This year, I began to get back into the music scene here, and sang whenever I could with the lead singer of the band and a friend of ours at the old bar we use to sing at. The lead singer of our band, in my opinion sings with the best!

Anyways...I'm rattling...and my son is awake now... I must shutup and tend to him...

Leave a comment:

• Joe

• Joe
    replied
    Quite the wide range of musical tastes! RockerGrrl, iirc you sing in a band, correct? Does anyone else play any instruments or sing? Im "trained" in clasical violin, and hope to move over to electric 5 string violin in the near future, once i save $5K

Leave a comment:

• theGAME

• theGAME
    replied
    Jigga,snoop dogg,xzibit,tupac,warren G(regulate),nate dogg,bob marley,fugees.

I also love Nana(british group),unfortunately they dont sell here in the U.S!!
    I cannot find it anywhere!

Leave a comment:

• h4p3

• h4p3
    replied
    Type O Negative, Nine Inch Nails, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Anathema, Cradle of Filth, Crematory, Hypocrisy, Sepultura.

Hm, i think that are my favorite bands

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl

• rockergrrl
    replied
    I'm one of those chick rocker type of girl...

I like Sarah McLachlan, Jewel, Tori Amos, Janis Joplin, Pat Benatar, Sheryl Crow, Veruca Salt, Nina Gordon (ex Veruca Salt singer)....

But I'm also big fans of Janet Jackson (since I was really little), Debbie Gibson (yup...pathetic, isn't it...she is what got me singing)....

I'll listen to all types of music... But I stick to those that I can relate it - mostly females - and that I can easily sing along with - But I don't like Britney, etc - if it comes on, I usually change the station....

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    Anything besides rap/hiphop, heavy metal, and most classical.

I can listen to anything else, Britney to Smashing Pumpkins to TransSiberian Orchestra to Rockapella to the Jekyll & Hyde Soundtrack.

Leave a comment:

• Fred

• Fred
    replied
    I like hiphop, and hiphop only. I hate those teenybopers that claim they are rap fans because they like Eminem. Thats bull****.

anyways, country aint bad.. I listen to it when working on cars..

I HATE POP

Leave a comment:

• Jordan

• Jordan
    replied
    Classic Rock:

* Led Zeppelin
    * Lynard Skynard
    * Jimi Hendrix
    * Steve Miller Band
    * Phil Collins
    * Beatles

Leave a comment:

• nuno

• nuno
    replied
    D.A.D
    Metallica
    GNR

Leave a comment:

• Susan

• Susan
    replied
    Hmmmm okay....I'll list:

Thrash:
    Manowar(yes, cheesy...yes, I love it!)
    Megadeth(saw 'em multiple times before their attempt to be Metallica)
    Anthrax
    Warlock(Doro's amazing 5' german girl with blonde hair to her knees and a voice that makes you think "where the heck did THAT come from??")
    Metallica (before their bodies were taken over by the aliens that made pop musicians out of them--ie "Justice" was their last album)
    Testament
    Sanctuary("Die for my sins"--'Nuff said)
    Cyclone Temple(I wore out multiple copies of "I hate, therefore I am")
    Slayer and on and on and on

Melodic Metal:
    KINGS X(These guys are amazing. Period.)
    Dream Theater(Great albums--suck live)
    Galactic Cowboys (RIP, guys. They called it quits this month because they couldn't earn a living with it.)
    Rhapsody
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Shadow Gallery (OMG, I love them!!!!!!)
    Symphony X
    Virgin Steele
    Sonata Artica and on and on and on.

Any other metalheads around??
    [*note AIM name--MetalMommy ]

Leave a comment:

• Chris Schreiber

• Chris Schreiber
    replied
    Here's my list of favorites:

Pink Floyd
    Guns N Roses
    Metallica
    Led Zepplin

And on the other end of the spectrum:

Yanni
    Brahms
    Bach

Leave a comment:

• Grumble
    replied
    \m/ METAL!! \m/

Limp Bizkit, Korn, Eminem, Blink 182, Linkin Park.

Pah!!

Have to agree, Tool are amazing, Im listening to Lateralus about 4 times a day and Im still not bored of it......

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X