Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

I have 2 PCs setup wirelessly. One PC is wired into a Belkin router and works fine. The other PC uses a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network Card. They did, up until Sunday evening, work fine. The PC with the wireless card in froze up, so I switched it off at the mains and when I had booted it up again, I had no internet access.

I have since - rebooted again, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, switched the card into a different PCI port, reinstalled the drivers again, tried the Repair option and removed the WEP encryption key.

The wireless icon says that it is connected and should be working fine and the router setup page shows that the PC is connected to the router.

I have searched through, (I think), every setting I can find that might disallow my PC from wirelessly connecting to the internet and everything seems fine.

I've exhausted all attempts that I can think of and Belkin's support seems virtually non-existant.

Has anyone here had any problems like this and knows a solution?

Can you ping the router??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Do you have MAC filtering enabled on the router?
      Are you running a software firewall on the PC? (i.e. NIS)
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

I just got this messege from a Tech Support forum.

Start->Run->cmd, and then ipconfig /all for starters. What is the IP address listed there? It sounds like misconfiguration on the computer's end or perhaps in the router.

I replied -

I just did what would you said Movax. The IPs look fine, but I did notice one thing. It says that IP Routing is disabled. I'm not a techy so I'm not entirely sure what this means but I'm fairly certain it didn't say that when I tested the card in another PC.

Could this be the problem? And if so, how can I enable it?

Comment

Start with doing a Start-> Run -> cmd, and then type ipconfig /release then type ipconfig /renew and paste the results in this thread..

That will rule out any router misconfiguration
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
            Start with doing a Start-> Run -> cmd, and then type ipconfig /release then type ipconfig /renew and paste the results in this thread..

That will rule out any router misconfiguration
            The "repair" option he said he tried does the same thing as an ipconfig /release & renew
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

What where the results of that? And has he pinged the router??
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Ritterz use the settings in the URL of this post, and everything should be fine.

http://www.microsoftforums.org/forum...?p=293#post293

If its not, then you could be looking at a router problem, or the card could simply have gone bad. Thats why it could have locked up on you.

(Assuming youre running Windows XP)
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Thankyou for all your help.

Comment

Might simply try changing the channel on your wireless access point. I had this problem a while back using a Linksys WRT54GS router and a Linksys 802.11G card. Everything showed that I should be connected and accessing the interneal network and internet but I wasn't. I simply changed from channel 6 to channel 11, pressed the "Secure Easy Setup" button on each device and I was back in business.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X