No announcement yet.

Your host & server specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard some grief from TP about their support. Marco could give you the entire story and he's well versed in the situation.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
      I've heard some grief from TP about their support. Marco could give you the entire story and he's well versed in the situation.
      I promise that anywhere you look, you will hear a least a few grief stories. 100% satisfaction is unheard of, unless your customer base is 10 people.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
        I was with Ev1/RackShack for around a year before I switched to ThePlanet. I had no problems what so ever with Ev1, but ThePlanet beat Ev1 on pricing and server specs. If you can find availability, definately go with ThePlanet. Great company and I've been with them for over 2 years now.
        Yea we've been with them for a long while, were with ev1/rackshack before as well .

Going to try and upgrade the server somehow with ThePlanet it's looking like.

Comment

My site is hosted with A Small Orange on a shared hosting package. The server they have my site on is a ServerMatrix Super Server 2.8. It is the third server ASO put online and it is the second oldest server ASO still uses. Outages are extremely rare.

Comment

The vB Servers are with the planet and have been so for a while now. Though the support staff are sometimes a little quick to close support tickets, even when you are waiting for a reply.

Also have a server at ev1 so our eggs aren't all in one basket.

My personal server is at xilo www.xilo.net it is just a bottom of the range server I use for playing about with.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

i have been with a managed dedicated server for a while now with no problems http://www.servstra.com/ i have the Pentium 4 3GHz HT 1GB 80GB 1000GB $109.95 plus cpanel per month

Comment

I'm hosting at what I see Swedens best hotel ever ... www.aleborg.se (in swedish thou)

I have a dedicated server : P4 3GhZ 2Gb ram 300Gb Hdd and 80Gb transfer/month at ~$ 120/month ... With Cpanel and free support 24/7....

I have a up time so far @ 99.92% ....
                My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
                which exploded .............

Comment

Originally posted by Razgo
                  i have been with a managed dedicated server for a while now with no problems http://www.servstra.com/ i have the Pentium 4 3GHz HT 1GB 80GB 1000GB $109.95 plus cpanel per month
                  I believe Servstra is LayeredTech. I haven't heard very good things about them overall, but I'm gald that it's worked out for you.

I really think that The Planet and EV1 are the top dedicated hosting companies out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 94civicEX
                    I believe Servstra is LayeredTech. I haven't heard very good things about them overall, but I'm gald that it's worked out for you.

I really think that The Planet and EV1 are the top dedicated hosting companies out there.
                    well they have been excellent support and 100% uptime since November 2005. i think i came in when their company had just changed direction. so perhaps any problems they may have had are in the past now.

Comment

Anyone know anything about http://nexcess.net?

Comment

Up for info on Nexcess?

Comment

What would you like to know?

You can email me directly at [email protected] or we can keep it public in the forum. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
                          Greg Swaney
                          [email protected]
                          NEXCESS.NET Internet Solutions
                          http://nexcess.net

Comment

Use PM / email, try to avoid any sort of advertising etc to stay impartial
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I just switched to the The Planet/ServerMatrix, with the following specs:

Processor Intel 2.8GHz Pentium 4 Processor w/HT
                              RAM 2GB RAM
                              Hard Drive 200GB HDD + 80GB Backup
                              Bandwidth 1500GB Bandwidth
                              Uplink Port 10Mbps*
                              IP Addresses 13 IP Addresses*
                              Operating System RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0*
                              Control Panel cPanel/WHM
                              Web Analytics Urchin 5.0
                              Firewall Cisco Pix 515e
                              Professional Services Plan Silver
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I've been with Layeredtech for roughly 9 months now and it's been all good to date. I'll happily recommend them...

hugh
                                Please vote for my enhancement requests: 1, 2, 3 and 4...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X