Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBseo passes all incoming HTTP requests to a php script which is why mod_rewrite in this instance causes a big decrease in server performance.
    I have found that while there is an obvious overhead on this that the performance hit is negligible as far as I can tell on my system. (Note: I put the rewrites in my httpd.conf file versus an htaccess file).

I have mixed feelings about the script;

1) I don't like dealing with encrypted scripts because I think that has more to do with contributing to a potential performance hit than the intermediary use of the script in the first place.
    2) Along the same lines, I don't like the issue of the loader being used for every page load on my site.
    3) No copyright removal option (yet)

On the Pros side, its very easy to install and saved me alot of time by not having to redo alot of scripts/templates and then deal with those changes later.

That said, once the brand-free option is available, I'll probably add this to another one of my sites, but I would not call myself a "loyal customer". It seems unlikely they will reconsider the encrypted nature of their script, so until someone comes along with something that does the same thing without needing the overhead, I'll go with it.
    Last edited by DanaSoft; Thu 23rd Mar '06, 1:54pm.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
      Hope your decision works out for you.

It was a Google error that was noted. Sites with and without VBSEO had their numbers dropped. That is what happens when you introduce an entirely new datacenters.
      I don't think you can call the ever-present flux an "error" on Google's part. It's something that has always happened and always will happen.

The only thing I can think of that would be a real error is the supplemental pages problem that has been going on with some sites with the new bigdaddy infrastructure. If this is what you were referring to please ignore the above, but I couldn't find a direct reference.
      - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
        I don't think you can call the ever-present flux an "error" on Google's part. It's something that has always happened and always will happen.
        They are moving to completely new datacenters. When you have Google showing you results from the new and old datacenters at random times when you search you will see a much bigger flux than Google normally gives you.

The only thing I can think of that would be a real error is the supplemental pages problem that has been going on with some sites with the new bigdaddy infrastructure. If this is what you were referring to please ignore the above, but I couldn't find a direct reference.
        I was talking about Supplemental and the flux. The flux that has been happening is not normal.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
          They are moving to completely new datacenters. When you have Google showing you results from the new and old datacenters at random times when you search you will see a much bigger flux than Google normally gives you.

I was talking about Supplemental and the flux. The flux that has been happening is not normal.
          Alright, that makes more sense. I'm not sure that what's going on with bigdaddy should be called flux, though, as it is more of an actual error (as admitted by GoogleGuy on WMW).

Either way, hopefully it's a bit clearer for everyone now.
          - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

I have vbseo on my forum and it sucks, I had the forum for months and it is not even in google. I want to have it uninstalled from my forum as I think it is hurting me. They vbseo will not remove it for me even though they got my payment when i started the board, paid them to do the fixes and now I just want it completly removed. I wont mind paying someone to do this I just want it gone. It has done nothing for me at all.

http://www.obxnow.com/vbb

Comment

Your site has 524 posts. VBSEO isn't god. It's not going to promote your site for you. It has a whopping 422 threads to index.

I bet you have less than 100 backlinks to your site as well. What did you expect VBSEO to do for you? Magically make you number 1 in google for every search term related to your site? It rewrites your urls and removes duplicate content. I don't know what else you expected.

Comment

Bama not going to get into a flame here, But when you read into vbseo it says you get a better chance of being indexed. Correct? It says bots to find you? I have yet to see anyreal results in this. Now if I had a big forum do you think I would have a problem getting indexed? So in answer in my way is that why would I want vbseo when or if I had a big board? I myself and I was led to beleive this would help my site. It has done nothing in over 8 months for my board. This is direct from Joe ward. word for word.
                Any forum seeking more search engine traffic can benefit from vBSEO.

Is that a dig? It has a whopping 422 threads to index.

Comment

Not really the place to start arguing over this.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X