Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone back up their databases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    If you're database times out in phpMyAdmin and you're not comfortable with command line try MySQL Dumper:

http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/index.php?m=1

It won't time out...

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel
    You can set up a cron script to email it to you (if it's not too big) or transfer the backup to a different server.
    You can gzip it then send it to a gmail account, & delete the old backups on a regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• Ted S
    replied
    Little script runs every night and does a dump; every weekend it does a larger back and does all of the web files.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    SSH, i use putty also..

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    You can set up a cron script to email it to you (if it's not too big) or transfer the backup to a different server.

The problem with backing up automatically is that you need to make sure you're backing up to a different physical hard drive. Setting your server to automatically create a new backup file on the same drive (which is what CPanel does) is pretty useless.

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    I backup my database via SSH. I use Putty.

Leave a comment:

• jilly
    started a topic How does everyone back up their databases?

How does everyone back up their databases?

i do a manual backup through my server control panel.. But I would like some way to set it so that it was automated... does anyone else have an automated back up system or procedure?