PC Randonmly Rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Randonmly Rebooting

I have an Antec Sonata case and it reboots on me once in a while. Is this a sign of a power supply that will fail soon? Can it fry the rest of my components in my box?

It can be a sign of overheating, you should probably check that out.
    It can also happen if you have automatically reboot on system failure checked on in control panel, in system, advanced, startup and recovery.

Im assuming your running Windows XP..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Im on Win XP, SP 2

Comment

Are you overclocking at all?
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

In startup and recovery, there is an option to write event to a log. Where do i see the events that were written? The Event viewer?

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
            In startup and recovery, there is an option to write event to a log. Where do i see the events that were written? The Event viewer?
            Yes, event viewer.. Look for the warning or error reports..
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Thanks Joe.

Comment

I had a simular problem and fixed by checking my heatsink on motherboard. I had to reapply thermal grease after I did a cleaning. Do not touch them, unless you plan to re-grease and seal it.

Mine is not quite the same problem, as I had system beeps.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
                  I have an Antec Sonata case and it reboots on me once in a while. Is this a sign of a power supply that will fail soon? Can it fry the rest of my components in my box?
                  I'm using an Antec Sonata on my desktop back home as well. I've had few random reboots, which were caused by overheating of the graphics card, as well. However, I'm running that case with only a single 120mm fan (instead of the two 120mm's it provides).

In any case, use a temperature monitoring program to check up on what your temperatures are inside the case/CPU. If it's too hot, either install more fans, or consider using a different heatsink/fan for the GPU/CPU.
                  :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X