Study finds that users prefer blue websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone read that link?

On the contrary, another website included in the study was the vBulletin community forum ( forum.vbulletin.com ). This website is based on a purple color scheme. Users commented that purple was unsettling; a majority of respondents describing the site as "an eyesore" or "horribly uncomfortable."
    *cough*
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra

*cough*
      I like to think of it as "overlooked."

If they think this site is an eyesore, they haven't seen man skins I think.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra

*cough*
        Didn't even look.

O and I'm using the purple style right now, gatta love it.

Comment

I'm guessing the study itself (not the report) was done before vBulletin 3 was released... The current color scheme is about as far away from purple as you can get without being... orange?

Oh, and I knew all along about the blue. Blue is good.
          Last edited by fury; Thu 16th Mar '06, 1:57pm.

Comment

That's a wack "study".

Watch everyone make blue websites. These people are basically saying that ALL websites should be blue, because they are more "stylish" or whatever their reason is. The vBulletin theme looks great to me, it just took me a while ot get used to it. I musta dmit, the IPB theme is much, much better. But, hey, vBulletin theme system > IPB theme system.

Comment

It's not an entirely whack study per-se. It is well known that color influences mood, behavior.

For example, I read over at Boeing that some of their newer planes are emitting a reddish theme colour during meal time to make the food more appealing. Some planes ceilings will change to blue to make you feel more relaxed and calm.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Blue color relax.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X